Finding the slices of heaven.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Where to begin?

I have been away so long I doubt anyone will read this but still, I am determined to update my blog but where to begin?

Well, I have been working more than full-time trying to make ends meet. Making ends meet got harder when work took away bonuses thus cutting out almost $300 a month. Still I trudge on.

My ex-husband and are are pretty much interacting like we did when we were married only via text and email. Yep, we fight. I am trying to avoid it now for obvious reasons. He is on girlfriend #2 (both named Jennifer, odd.) #2 has been around about 4 months I think (but I guess they met on line after we separated and while he was dating Jennifer #1....hmmmmm.) I had a dream that I was asking the newest Jennifer 'how do you like my house? How do you like cooking in my kitchen?" (Obviously I regret letting go of the house) The next morning I learned she had moved into the house. Weird. They are talking about marriage. Wow.

I could care less what he does or who he dates. All that matters are my children and how many Jennifers and non -jennifers he parades through their lives. I have nothing against her, what did she do? Nothing. The only thing she did was fall for the 'put on a pedestal' initial phase of my ex-husbands way of courtship. In 4 years when she realizes she does 90% of things, that they seem to argue at every turn, that he picks apart every thing she says to the finite word, grumbles about things a lot and has a negative outlook, that he takes staying up late as if you hate him rather than you want to unwind from a long day with kids, where she is watching all football or sports or leaving the room to watch something else, that when she watches something she likes he will ridicule it until she stops watching it and that she goes to bed wondering how she got there and is so miserable, then she and I can talk.

My kids are doing great. My son is doing better in school. My daughter is funny as ever. My dog is good, my old cat passed away a month ago (sniffle.) Marc got us a new kitten who is 4 months old named Flounder. So time marches on.

Marc is wonderful and I have never been happier. It seems odd that things should be so easy but they are. What the future holds it holds. We have talked about the kids and I moving in with him and who knows, there may be wedding bells for us too. We have been dating for a bit over a year now and keeps getting better.

I have discovered the evils of Facebook but have reconnected with a ton of people from high school and college. I have very little free-time so what time I do have I rarely spend on the computer. It's odd because 2 years ago it's all I would do was spend time on the computer. How time changes things.

All I know is that life is never easy but my kids and I are much much happier now that their dad and I are not married and that speaks volumes. My kids love love love Marc and keep asking him when we will marry. I know they don't want to lose him. They have nothing to worry about. He isn't going anywhere but in my arms.

So hello to you all. I see some blogs are gone (good luck to you and I find myself worrying about Rachelemma since hers is gone. Prayers to her family if what I am thinking happened.)

Others have marched on blogging away and living life at the same time. Good for you to find the time. I hope you are all well and I send you all my best.

5 comments:

2amsomewhere said...

Angel,

As long as there is a Google Reader to check your RSS feed, you will be read. :-)

I'm separated myself, so the experiences of others in this limbo of dissolution are interesting to me.

I'm in no hurry for a serious relationship myself. I lived on a short leash over the years and need to focus primarily on making new friends and learning to take the time to have fun.

Keep posting, even if it's only once in a while, and good luck on your journey.

--
2amsomewhere

Rick said...

Good to see you haven't fallen off the face of the earth.

I discovered facebook a couple of weeks ago too. I try to only check it a couple dozen times a day. :)

Keep posting when you get a chance and we will all keep reading.

Angel said...

Well hello sweet thing!!!

I'm glad you are doing so well. I know it must be hard but it seems you have made a great life for yourself... house or no house.

I haven't seen Rachelemma's blog in ages... now I'm worried too.

Keep blogging as much as you can!

Mike said...

Yep, FB has pretty much sucked the life out of my blog in the month since I really started using it.

Glad things are going well for you

Anonymous said...

Hey...

Splendid, splendid, splendid.

I love your attitude and spirit.

God Bless.

Andy