Finding the slices of heaven.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

All settled in

After living with my parents for a month and a half I am now in my own place, a townhouse, and settled in. The Christmas tree is up, the kids rooms are mostly painted. I'm busy with design clients and running back and forth to get the kids.

While I know the kids would love nothing more than for their dad and I to be back together, they are dealing with the change far better than I anticipated. They got to choose their room color and their beds. My son picked a loft bed and my daughter picked a bunk bed. I tried to have them take ownership of their room to help make the transition better.

My son was accepted into the Gifted Program at school because he tested in the top percentiles in so many areas. While his behavior issues are not 100% resolved I must say that he is doing far better and I hope to see even better now that I think he will no longer be so bored.

Peanut is doing as I expected her to do in Kindergarten. She is the social butterfly who easily makes friends and is invited to more birthday parties than I can count but who isn't all too worried about the academics of school. She is very smart but doesn't realize it all the time and freezes up when quized or tested. I figure it will take some time to help her work through that and once she does she will take off.

Their dad and I are not officially divorced as I need to save up the money to file. I saved every penny I made for closing costs for this townhouse. Even though I had help with the seller's assist for closing but still I needed a bunch of money. Now I am just stressing as I am facing a mortgage payment alone but can't dwell on it, I must get the work done in my business and collect the money.

Also around 2 weeks ago, during a snow spell here their dad was hit head on in his new (just under 1 year old by only a week) Jetta he had called Wolfie. I believe I had pics on here when he got it. It was a total loss, he walked away from the car and stated he felt like the commercial for the VW Jetta. He is in physical therapy for his back and wrist and has a new car already (another VW Jetta.) That's about all I know.

As for me, I am involved with a new man. He is a former client who is, when looking at the issues I felt I had with my ex, the polar opposite from my children's dad. This guy (lets call him M) is laid back and positive in his outlook. He is an incredible cook and has made me many surprise meals from scratch, the most recent one was Fettucine Alfredo Carbenara. His sauce was incredible. He's funny, quirky and just makes me feel okay to be me. He is bald and while I never thought I'd love that I do. While I could go on and on here I think some things are better left close to the vest so just know that I am the most calm I have ever been and feeling pretty good.

I know living on my own and paying for things myself will not be easy but I know I can do it and will just have no choice but to do so.

For now my Christmas tree is up, I am starting to bake (much to my kids' delight) and I'm kept very very busy.

I hope you are all doing well this wonderful holiday season. May you and yours have a fantastic one!

8 comments:

Sally said...

It's SO good to hear from you. It sounds like things are falling into a new routine that's working for you.

I hope to see more posts from you...I miss reading about your clients and kids and yummy baked things.

I hope the kids' dad is healing fast, and that all of you (M included) have a wonderful Christmas!

Mike said...

Thanks for dropping back in on us. And good to hear that things are (getting) on track for you and the kiddos.

BTW, can't go wrong with an M dude!

HoorayForSaturday said...

Just found your blog.
Just continue on and I hope things fall into place for you.
Happy holidays.

2amsomewhere said...

Angel,

I'm glad you're still blogging because your story provides a sobering reminder that the dissolution of a marriage is hard, hard stuff.

Although there are days that I wish I wasn't under the same roof as my wife, moving out right now would fly in the face of economic realities. I wouldn't think of casting my wife out with the kids and making her find a place of her own.

Best wishes to you over the holidays. Loneliness can be scary. Independence can be painful. But in both you have a chance to develop a better relationship with yourself.

Take care.

--
2amsomewhere

Terry said...

Glad to have you back. Through all the adversity, it sounds as if you are bouncing back quite nicely!


Merry Christmas to you too Sweetie!!

Angel said...

Sally: thanks. I have no choice but to make it happen now. LOL. I hope after the holidays to get a better routine and get tons of work but also to post more.

I'm not sure how well their dad is healing, I hope well.

I will put a post up about Christmas.

Mike: Thank you bud for your positive words. I'm terrified to be honest but have no choice but to do well. The M dude is quite a wonderful man, thank you.

horrayforsaturday: I used to post a ton LOL I hope to at least post once a week now. I hope what I write entertains and enlightens you.

2amsomewhere: Yes it is hard hard stuff. It's hard to believe that as hard as it was to stay it was just as hard to leave because of having to stand on my own two feet. As for finding a new place, I had no choice because my soon-to-be-ex told me either he kept the house or we had to sell it knowing I wanted the kids to have that semblence of normalcy. He said he shouldn't have to lose me AND the house so there you go.

I'm not lonely, I have found a wonderful man who gives me wings.

Terry: I am a survivor and won't go down without a fight. I hope to post more in the future and I will send you my address soon. Take care!

Mr. Pessimistic said...

HEY! Sorry for the late comment. My blog is not really taking off. Kind of lazy lately. Sorry to read up on all the stuff your going through. Sucks.

Ive talked to C-W Dan a few times since that bastard moved. He is doing really well... that bastard.

Oh well... i guess check my blog once and a while... maybe ill get back to it.

Later

Mr. Pessimistic aka Kintner Boy

Mike said...

Hope you had Merry Christmas and that you will have a wonderful 08.

You know, 07 wasn't such a winner year right, but then there is that whole damn election thing that we won't escape from this year...