Finding the slices of heaven.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Life since the divorce

It has been a year since the divorce was official. I will give a quick synopsis of what has transpired since then.

April 2008 divorce was finalized.

June 2008 won a trip to Puerto Rico through work for a job well done. Took M and had a blast.

Late August my daughter starts 1st grade and my son starts 3rd. My son is trying to be labeled with having Aspergers (the school has been trying since kindergarten.) He received an IQ test last year which ranked him Superior range. I didn't know what that meant then but he was put in the Gifted program. Got new cat named Flounder.

November 2008 my sick 13 year old cat passes away at home. I could have the month wrong but I think it was somewhere around fall that my ex got engaged to Jennifer #2. Got new cat named Sugar.

February 2009 son is professionally tested to NOT have aspergers but be ADHD in the hyperactive variety plus impulsivity issues. IEP meeting set for my son in a few months at his school.

March 2009 got 4 year old dog groomed (saved up for months). Two days later she got really sick and I ran her to the vet. Two days after that she died, much to all of our shock. Cats mourn as do we.

That brings us to today. April 7th 2009.

2 comments:

Terry said...

WOW!! Has it been that long? Good to hear you are so happy with the new direction your life has taken. I guess about the only thing new with me, is I finally relocated to Bama. Other than that...everything is pretty much the same...blech!!!

So delighted to see you have made your return!!

HUGS!!

Angel said...

Thanks Terry. It has been a long time. Not as long as a year and a half I realized. Sorry. LOL.