Finding the slices of heaven.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Rough

My son is 9 years old and a handful. I love him dearly but there is a lot that exhausts me. Since Kindergarten we have gotten calls from the school about this or that. Through the years they threw the term aspergers at us. Part of the reason for my divorce was because of trying to find answers for my son. I felt my son needed evaluated and some help while my ex felt that my son is perfectly fine because, as he said, my son is just like my ex. (not a winning argument with me as I had many issues with how my ex operated.)

It is a minute to minute, day to day struggle with my son. As it turns out he does NOT have aspergers but he does have ADHD hyperactivity with impuslivity issues. He also has a 132 IQ. (Above superior range they say.)

According to my research:

High IQ & Genius IQ
Genius IQ is generally considered to begin around 140 to 145, representing ~.25% of the population (1 in 400). Here's a rough guide:
115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students)
125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)
135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals)
145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors)
155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners)
165-179 - High genius
180-200 - Highest genius
>200 - "Unmeasurable genius"

His behaviors mimic aspergers children but are different from what they say. The biggest issue is his short fuse, lack of organization and his lack of understanding critism or changes in his routine. He will throw a knock down drag out body flalling fit.

He just had one. He posed this math problem and wouldn't let me show him my results because he was wrong. He hates being wrong. Instead he ripped the pen out of my hand, threw something at his sister, screamed over me then when I tried to continue to show him he ran out saying I hate him.

Aggggghhhh. What is a mom to do?

No comments: