Finding the slices of heaven.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Design and building

I have worked on my home in various ways as well as with clients in the past. Some day I'll post some projects I've worked on. I'm only 5' tall and a petite little thing, I've been told, but I don't let that stop me. This summer I helped my husband build a deck for our above ground pool. A few years back I built a brick mailbox in front of our home. I will include a picture of it some day soon. I remember many neighbors teasing my husband saying that they hoped he was paying me union wages. I had a vision and wanted to create it on my own. I did it and I'm proud.

I have faux painted my two story foyer and have begun making my own drapes and cornices. I gleaned experience while working for a window treatment store as a freelance design consultant where I helped people design their homes or their window treatments. Hats off to all those sales people out there, it is hard work to make money on commission and I hated it. I loved the design but sales is hard as is pleasing people.

So I plan to talk about baking and design, maybe even gardening. I have no problems discussing things or giving advice if I can. I am also always open to tricks others might have for various things. I hope to make this blog not only a stopping point for my thoughts and projects but also a place to share ideas, design tricks and recipes. Feel free to comment or contact me!

No comments: