Finding the slices of heaven.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

High school never goes away...

I live in a farely affluent area and walk my kids up to the bus stop every day. My development has only a little over 60 homes in it and we are roughly all the same age with kids the same age. What I find amazing is that high school mentality can still afflict the 30 somethings. This person is talking to that person but not the other person.

There is one woman in particular who likes to flaunt her vacations, car, name brand sun glasses. It's sickening. I don't get too close to anyone there. Although I have been added to the Bunko group. Bunko? Dice? Why can't we go dancing or grab a drink? *sigh*

Now I'm reminded why I was mostly friends with guys in high school. Less bull. LOL.

But if I'm in the high school mentality, don't get me started on the 'close talker' woman who seems socially inept.

2 comments:

lioux said...

Ughhh. Unfortunately you're only young once but you can be immature forever.

I'm so glad we have an *angel* watching over DYD. Lord knows C-W D and I could use one.

"Love On The Rocks" is now stuck in my head.

Angel said...

Yes...sometimes immaturity is fun and sometimes it isn't.

It's extremely fun watching what 'happens' at DYD. I appreciate you're visiting my cloud.

Catchy tune. "Love on the rocks, ain't no surprise......" Hee hee.