Finding the slices of heaven.

Monday, September 25, 2006

~Near death on a 15' wave~

Okay so I went on vacation, right? Really we went down for my sister's wedding and we all stayed in a huge beach house together. My husband was best man and I was the matron of honor. As a thank you gift to my husband the couple gave him a boogie board. His was broken so he was excited. A vacation only enthusiast he used the board cautiously until the last full day.

The last day at the beach he and the new groom were allowing the ocean to pull them out to larger waves. They were pulled out and up the coast as my parents followed them. Unbeknownst to me both were slammed into the bottom by a 15' wave. The new groom got dazed, confused and hurt but my husband nearly broke his neck. His face looks like he lost a fight with a cheese grater and he can barely walk.

His coworkers today are calling him nuts for not having gone to the hospital but we were all lost on what to do. He goes today to see a doctor since he is in horrible pain. Our vacation was wonderful until around 2pm on saturday. I'm just grateful that he is alive.

No comments: