Finding the slices of heaven.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

New to posting here but eager!

Hello everyone! I'm starting a new and separate blog from my writing blog and this one is to highlight recipes that I have found that have met with rave reviews. I love to bake and cook and have made more than a few baked goods for friends and friends of friends in the past three years. Thanksgiving and Christmas are my busiest time.

Being an Interior Designer and stay-at-home mom I'm trying to find a business to run where I can still be with my kids. I toyed with opening a bakery and a few friends have urged me to do so but the time and finances involved are daunting.

So I have decided to keep doing what I'm doing but dabble on line about my recipes to see if I can make a go of my business. I might post here every now and then asking anyone who stumbles into my blog for a recipe that is tried and true for them.

I'm about to make my daughters 5th birthday cake this week and have a delicious butter icing I want to use but it's difficult to decorate with. If anyone out there has a great recipe that doesn't include using eggs, I'm all ears (or eyes if you will.)

You can call me angels-heavenly-confections which is the name I bake under I'm also known as strawberryangel.

Anyway, I will post a recipe every few months here. Feel free to ask if I have a particular one that I know to be delicious. I will recommend one for you if I have tried it. I look forward to sharing and cooking! I may also write about personal stuff here and there, this is a blog afterall! *snicker*

No comments: