Finding the slices of heaven.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Flies like a bird

Time flies, doesn't it? It never seemed that way as a child but now as an adult it does. I think that time is relative, and by that time is different for an adult than it is for kids. I don't remember blinking and it go from Christmas to Summer so quickly as a child. I don't remember sitting down to do something and 4 hours go by like nothing before. And yet when vacation approaches it crawls for us adults. Crawls but is full of a million + 1 things to do.

To a child a few hours is like days. Take for instance today. I arranged yesterday to have a play date for my kids here at my home this afternoon. There are a brother and a sister both my kids ages (older brother younger sister and in the same grades in school as mine even!!) who live down the street. Their mom works part time and so I know that I have to schedule play dates. I tried to set one up for yesterday but that didn't work out. I don't work again tonight so I was able to get a play date scheduled for today. I know. My daughter woke up 2 hours earlier today than any other day the last week and a half with excitement.

The questions begin... "When will they be here?" and two minutes later the same question, over and over again. Then after I finally say..."Peanut, it's going to be after lunch now stop asking me." She breaks down and cries. Through tears she says, "But mommy! That will take forever!"

Yeah...3 hours is forever. To me it's a blink of an eye. *sigh*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ain't that the way it goes...sounds like a fun day

lioux said...

I know, Angel.

Right?

Anonymous said...

Three years can seem like the blink of an eye. Ahhh youth.

Angel said...

Yep, it is allll relative. Adults get jipped:)