Finding the slices of heaven.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Friday night

Friday night we went out to a club downtown owned by a radio disc jockey. It's near the ball fields and we slipped in before the cover charge was applied. Hubby and I ordered a free drink and some sandwiches. I got a turkey club, supposedly a favorite at this club. We got our meals, talked with the roar of the crowd growing. I shared some thoughts that the kids being around have prohibited me from doing so. I ate some of my sandwich and then I thought...hmmm something's missing.

I called the bartender over and sure enough... my turkey club was missing.... .the turkey.!!!! I know. I got a new sandwich and a second rum and coke on the house. Hubby's brother and girlfriend were driving in from S. Carolina for the Jimmy Buffet concert (which we were supposed to go to but for my son's last baseball game.) They joined us at the club along with two other people. After getting a bit tipsy a girl ordered a drink beside me. I'm a chatty lady and before long we were talking like we knew each other for years. It was only after an hour that I realized (due to something she slipped out) that she might be trying to pick me up. I think she was bi. It was flattering because she had a very pretty face, a bit fuller figured than me but cute. I let the comment slide and a few minutes later a guy approached us and asked us to join him and his buddy in a drinking game upstairs.

His pitch was a good one. We wouldn't have to pay... we wouldn't even have to drink much (yeah right...lol) that he and his buddy would do it all but the teams had to be coed.

Hubby told me earlier that the guy and his buddy were checking my new friend and I out.

Well, I stated I had to check with my husband and giggled. Obviously hubby didn't let me drink and hang out with some guy at the bar. He got pretty upset. Later we went to the 3rd floor and there was my new female friend and the two guys. I was greeted with 'HEYYYY!! There you are.' I giggled. The guys looked at me smiling and then saw hubby. The guy who approached us and shook hubby's hand 'sorry, man. I meant no disrespect.'

'no problem,' hubby said and we went about our night.

It's still awesome for someone to try and pick me up, is the moral of the story here folks. LOL.

3 comments:

lioux said...

Heh. Heh. Heh.

Sounds like a fun night!

Love Bears All Things said...

Its a boost to the ego but unfortunately our hubbys don't see it that way. Its okay for them to be jealous once in a while.
Mama Bear

Terry said...

How fun!! Good thing your husband was a good sport...:)