Finding the slices of heaven.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Recooperating

This week has been a tough one for my family with me all sick and stuck on the sofa. Yesterday I felt decent enough to see my son's baseball game and I pushed myself further by going to work for about 4-1/2 hours. I'm glad I did because one guy I had been corresponding with about plumbing items came in. You see he wasn't getting answers from anyone else and was excited that I knew what I was talking about. We had planned to handle the order via fax but he decided to just drive the 5 hours to the center. I know! What if I had called in sick!? This poor guy would have been looking for me and no one would have been able to help him. They would have tried, I know them but I was familiar with what he needed.

Despite my dragging butt I managed to assiste people with flooring questions, along the way a few accidental free design insights slipped off my tongue. They were so pleased and excited. I just love when someone says with a smile 'and what was your name? You have been fantastic, thank you for all of your help.' I had one guy the other day ask for my name and then asked if they send around a comment card thing to say how they were helped. I told him no. He said that is too bad, apparently he thought I helped him quite well. LOL

So between that and how excited CW-Jessie was to see me it made going in worth while (on top of the pay...lol)

But from there I had ground to make up. Sick the week before father's day... eeek! So I was from store to store with exactly what I wanted to get him. It only took two stores and I had it in hand, some Penn State stuff. He wanted a sport chair of his alma mater and I (the kids that is) got him a few other Penn State things. Then a gift card to an electronics store and wahlah. Instant gift.

He was happy, I was happy the kids didn't have to go out with me when I felt like poo and the kids were excited to see just what they got their daddy....lol.

No comments: