Finding the slices of heaven.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Another good one

It seems I only post after the weekend. Am I too busy during the week? Maybe... yeah probably.

This passed weekend I spent Friday night with my kids. My son had his first reconciliation. To us Catholics (if you are not one) it's when you confess your since and are forgiven. This must happen before getting your First Holy Communion. It's one of the 7 sacraments in a Catholics life. The church made a much bigger deal out of the Reconciliation then when I was a kid there.

S was there with me and the kids. My niece is my son's age so she is prepping for her communion as well. My older sister wasn't there due to illness of the non-conventional sort but my ex-brother-in-law was there with his fiance(?)

After that the kids and I rented a movie and had a cozy night together.

Another development that I almost hate to write about (so as to avoid jinxing it) is that my new manager is leaving the position and was so impressed with me in the month and a half to 2 months that he recommended me to replace him. I was so excited because I was contemplating inquiring about the position when I learned he was leaving. I'm the only one besides the owners that knows he's leaving thus far. One of the owners did sit with me and talk to me about the position. I hope that my lack of managerial experience doesn't hinder me because I do have some new ideas for how to be more efficient.

He said he would talk to me about the position again which is when I will share an idea or two.

Saturday at work was another wild and busy day. The owner asked me to do a thing here and there which he did I think to test me a bit. If given the opportunity I know I will bust my butt to do well.

After work I realized the other former manager, who is in a new position, walked off with my new tape measure. When she's around things disappear and this was a gift from M so that really set me off. She will find my tape measure or buy me a new one. I harbor sentimentality to animate objects so I would like the one HE bought me back. sigh.

Then M and I went to his best friends house where there was a get-together. We had a great great time together and in his state of inibriation said some of the most amazing and sweetest things to me. I see a long term future with him. It's odd to say that I can see being married to him when I'm not officially even divorced yet. I knew from early on with S that he wasn't my match but at 19 you don't truly know yourself and I felt I would never find another man. Talk about stupid naive thinking and not a good foundation to build a life on. I would say I'd change it if I could go back in time but I got two wonderfully amazing things out of that decision..... my two children.

With M I feel he is the ying to my yang. He balances me. We match. Its almost surreal to say that but I'm saying it. Unfortunately he can't have contact with my children because S has a section in the divorce agreement to make sure we wait 1 year from separation. I just emailed S today to try and change that. It's time that S's control over my life end.

This morning my son woke with a fever and is sitting beside me here. Poor little guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know precisely what you mean about finally meeting the person that "balances" you. It's a wonderful feeling isn't it?

Hope your little guy is feeling better.

Angel said...

It is a wonderful feeling, Nadine.

He feels fine now thank you.