Finding the slices of heaven.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Run in and bed early

Today was a busy day but my god the weather was beautiful. It helped to put me in great spirits but figuring out an answer to a money question put me in a better mood. I also have another plan to make money so who knows if I can fulfill that dream of making a million before I'm 40. LOL.

I was running today and accomplishing a lot. My parents stopped by to deliver a ton of their food. They are leaving tomorrow to drive to Florida to stay with my little sister and her husband. They will be down there until April or May. I know... holy long time. It will be weird to not just be able to drop by on them. My mom was all misty eyed before she left as was I. We will have email at least.

All I have left in town now as far as family is my older sister, who just returned from Germany, and her girls who she has every other weekend.

After that visit I washed my Cali for the first time at my new home and had some wild glitches like... all the boxes I have to get rid of being in the way in the garage. I have been disposing of a portion at a time but it's amazing how many boxes you have when you move.

Then the hose leaked from a ton of places... what a mess.

Alas Cali got clean but it took longer than expected and as usual I was running late. I went to get my son at the bus stop. For the first time ever he was already there before I got there. Usually I make it in time but not today. I ended up driving up to him and he had stopped in front of my old neighbor's driveway partially (S's current neighbor) who I have known for 5 years.

My son was climbing in when a car pulled up behind me. I didn't recognize it but it was that neighbor but since I didn't recognize him I waved him to drive passed. Well he ended up driving up next to me and making an irritated face and pointing at his driveway.

I waved and pulled away.

After I turned around and left and he didn't wave to me I realized the state of affairs in the neighborhood. Not everyone is treating me the same. I suppose I have been villanized by S. I know Halloween he told that particular neighbor and I'm sure it involved many colorful explanations as to what I did as he has told a few others the same tale. I never got a chance to tell my own side because as everyone knows it's his side, my side and somewhere in between is the truth.

So it seems that someone that I thought of as a friend has proven how fleeting people view friendships and I would love to vindicate myself but realize that if it was that easy for him to believe the whole thing about me and turn on me then there isn't much to save.

sigh

It's amazing the toll that is paid in a divorce. Him insisting he keep the house has caused me to leave the home I knew for 5 years and the people I considered friends. I know it was my choice but it has been a hard road. I'm just very lucky that I have had an amazing support group.

Don't ever think that just because one person asks for the divorce that it isn't hard on them too.

Tonight I hope to get to bed earlier as I was up too late last night....night all.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I once had a dream to waste a million bucks before I was 40. Alas, I made that goal at least 10 years early.

Yep, I am a go-getter, what can I say.

And Friends? Who needs 'em. Bah!