Finding the slices of heaven.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Busy and early night

I can't believe how busy I've been and I HATE how it cuts into my blogging. Don't these people who want me to do design know that I need to blog. Sheesh.

I'm feeling better now, thank you to all the well wishes. I hope to visit you all this evening for a moment. I worked last night and tonight. Tonight I got in and found out I'd be home a whole hour earlier due to it being Good friday. The funny part is I still work all day tomorrow. How does that make sense? I don't know either but I got home before my kids were tucked in so woo hoo to that.

Unfortunately my kids were high on sugar, despite my warning hubby that it wasn't a good idea to feed them it. I called home around 6:30 and he told me he was trying to calm them down. I speculated that it was the caffiene FULL pop he gave them and he agreed it wasn't a smart move. *chuckle* I find out at 7pm I'll be coming home early but don't call home.

7:30 a girl in the phone room asks coworker Jess if I'm nice. Jess says yes, she is nice. The girl says I'd wanted to say hi and tell her that I think she's pretty. Ummm that's a first for me. This girl is very attractive, cheerleader like. Now it's a great compliment but is it normal for a girl to want to tell you she thinks you're pretty? Ummm am I getting hit on or crushed on from afar by a girl.

(btw... in between this all I AM doing work with placing orders, problem order work and follow up stuff, plus helping members find things. I'm a doer. LOL)

8pm I am being urged to quit working so we could all go home. Geez. I pack up and head out. i call hubby to tell him and he's surprised that I'd be home early. The kids are still up, he says. So I back into the driveway and open the garage door... then pull wolfee into the garage. Climb from the car, bags in hand I lumber up the stairs and as always my pooply pup greeted me. But then appears my daughter in tears.

Apparently my kids were being more than a handful and were frustrating hubby. They were pushing the limit. So when the garage door opened peanut said, "mommy's home?" hubby replied that no I wasn't, it was the nanny who came because they were being bad and she was going to spank their butts. That scared the crap out of her enough that she went running and hiding in the closet crying, terrified. When she heard me say hi to the puppy she came to find out if it WAS me.

I was oblivious to hubby's tactics. In fact, I disapproved of it. He scared her in all the wrong way and made me look like a scary monster. I got her calmed down and realized that my son had hid also. Daddy... what were you doing? For 20 glorious minutes I got to sit beside my peanut, who said, "Will you sit by me?" then my son sat on my lap. The greatest 20 minutes of my day......

Now I will tell hubby that if they have nightmares he gets them. :-/

1 comment:

lioux said...

Hahaha.

Poor kids. What was hubby thinking?