Finding the slices of heaven.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Our trip.. a synopsis

I thought about a play by play recount of our trip but I tend to be long winded and shall spare your eyes from exhaustion.

Destin was gorgeous. The white sands were magnificient. We didn't roll in until late and the start of our only day together as a family was great. Don't ask me how it progressed because it is not as much fun to share. Needless to say we got a bit too much sun and the kids and I enjoyed ourselves.


We got to see in the first hour a pelican dive bomb into the water 10 feet from us and dolphins 30 yards from us cresting only later to jump out of the water farther out. I'll you tube the video I got later. Here is a photo of one...
The second day (friday) was a mix of a baptism, picnic and rehearsal + rehearsal dinner. I didn't have to be a part of the actual rehearsal and the kids and I enjoyed time alone. The rehearsal dinner showed my in-laws in true form unable to pay for everyone so we had to pay for ourselves. Typical. Let me just say that when I'm with my inlaws I feel in 10 minutes like they sucked all of the happiness out of me. I consider myself a positive person most of the time. Sure I have my down moments as anyone will but they are very negative so it made things difficult

Here is me holding my new nephew at his baptism with my two monkeys. As you can see their sunglasses didn't help my kids eyes as they got burnt. Don't ask me about it because that's a point of contention for me with hubby.

Here is me holding my other nephew. He looks like he's dangling but I have his bottom in my hand and he's not being squeazed silly. LOL. Next to me is my BIL and hubby's sister is holding the other cutie next to hubby.

Peanut looks good in any hat... I'm jelly belly. LOL

The boy.. who is in perpetual motion. :D

Angel says... "Another picture? Crap... please don't! *suck in tummy*" lol As you can see I never lost those lbs I sought to lose. Grrrr.

After the baptism we had a picnic at a park that had beach access. We were run run run... rest... run run run.. rest. LOL

The day of the wedding (saturday) I was sporting an odd burn that is visible in the photo of me in my dress. LOL The wedding was nice but as in any beach wedding you couldn't hear a thing but the wind and waves (although that was nice too. LOL) I was on cloud nine by evenings end because I got compliments on my dress by a handful of guys and was checked out as I drove there down the main street by a few young guys even with the kids in the car. So woo hoo to the ego. LOL

Hubby and a bridesmaid. One of his brother's is in the backgroud.

The bridal party on the beach. Hubby is the oldest of 8 and all but one was at the wedding (long story) But there are 5 boys in the family (now men, loosely used for some) and all 5 are in a line there. Directly in front of the camera are two of the three sisters (you can see the back of their heads...the blonde and brunette.) Me and my fam-damnly

I showed the brides step mom how to do the electric slide moments before she electric slid into her grandson. Poor thing. In the end I found that in the group of the inlaws hubby and I are the glue that holds things together.... that's scary.

We got back to the gorgeous condo and packed up a bit before going to bed late. The flights there and back were nerve wracking for me since I am terrified to fly but I survived and my kids were non the wiser. Thank goodness for Lorazapam. I'm not one who medicates often but I have a healthy fear of flying (among a few other things.)



The view from our condo.


I guess I did a play by play in the end. And you asked for pictures... so don't go yellin'. LOL

8 comments:

lioux said...

I looks like you had an awesome time!

I soooo need a vacation.

Augs Casa said...

I think I jealous. The weather looks fantastic. yeah, ok I totally am jealous. I enjoyed the photo narration.

Sally said...

Somehow I feel a little more relaxed by just seeing the ocean and the beach...even though I'm jealous! Looks like a great trip.

I LOVE that kitchen in your condo!

Terry said...

Did you know that in the US 127 million adults are classified as overweight or obese..

Hmmmmm, Girlfriend you "extra pounds" are not hurting you a bit!!And I love the little black dress!

The trip looks like it was loads of fun...Congrats to the newlyweds.

Love Bears All Things said...

That's a way sexy little black dress! And that yellow bikini, tell me where are those pounds you need to lose.

Angel said...

Lioux... We had a pretty good time but it wasn't our vacation. Still not a bad place to go for a wedding/baptism. If only we didn't have to spend almost all of our tax refund money on it... *sigh* Our REAL vacation is to here.. Hideaway Bay Beach Club (south of Sannibal island) in July for about 9 days. Now THAT will be a vacation. I hope you get one soon.

Augs Casa... sorry to make you so jealous (not...hee hee)the weather was nice and the beach even nicer. It's a same we only had 3 days there. *sigh*

Sally... it was relaxing on the beach. I read some of "A Midsummer's Night Dream" while laying on it, listened to my MP3 player and just relaxed. Thank goodness for that because it was crazy when I returned... run run run. The condo was gorgeous. A 3 bedroom and 3 bath. I found the place and my in laws had one a few doors down, a 2 bedroom unit that was even more beautiful. Kudos to Angel, even if they didn't thank me.

Terry... on the BMI I'm no where near overweight, I know that. But I want my clothes to fit a certain way and a year ago they did but I wasn't diligent and gained it back. Man I want that body back... grrr. I will have to get back on the treadmill... Thanks for the compliment on me and my dress. (btw, not to be nit picky because I know it doesn't look it but it was navy blue. LOL. Victoria's Secret rocks! I got so many compliments ...by men... on the dress.

Mama Bear... Thanks, I love the dress. I hunted for weeks for the perfect one and all the dresses out now are crappy IMO so I was fortunate to find this one at Victoria's Secret on line. I have a few extra pounds from my mid thighs up to my tummy I'd love to lose. I was in the shape I loved about a year and a half ago but wasn't diligent.

Anonymous said...

The water and sand looks so amazing...

Ginger said...

Loved your pictures. I'm really longing for a beach trip now.