Finding the slices of heaven.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Freakin' forecast on both fronts.

My little sister gave me the news that they are expecting a cold spell in Florida next week. A FREAKIN' COLD SPELL! Yeah... she said in the 70's. I know that would still be super hot to me living in the great white tundra up here with snow knocking on our doorstep with tales of record snow falls Sunday - tuesday upcoming. But still people. I have a bikini. I have sun screen. I have delusions of grandeur. I have thoughts of losing the reflective quality of my bright white skin. I have thoughts of warm gulf waters and warmer pool waters and closing my eyes on the beach and feeling the sun on my face. All of it was centered around warm 80 degree days.

She goes on to say that they are in the 90's THIS week. THIS FREAKIN' WEEK! *sigh, shoulders slumping* I would let this get me down. I WOULD... but I won't. I have/will shell out about $2,500.00 for this 4 day freakin' wedding excursion. It will include the four of us, 4 flight numbers, layovers in Atlanta both ways... that's 4 take offs and 4 landings people... and I don't have enough meds to keep me calm with my fear of flying. Plus countless number of bags because when it's snowing it seems wrong to pack a bikini and sunglasses so I'm sure I'll plack pants too somewhere in there.

I will not let the news get me down. I WILL NOT! I will use my unyielding powers of hope. I hope that the over paid, over quafed weather men/women who get paid to be wrong 89% of the time have used all their powers of being right and that the warmth will be as I wish it to be. Yep... that's what I'm doing folks and you can't stop me!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great great trip.

lioux said...

LOL.

Figures.

Stupid jobs. We miss you too.

And check it out, I'm commenting from home.

Have an awesome weekend!

Angel said...

LBP... thank you! I certainly will try.

Lioux... It does figure, doesn't it? Yeah... the stupid things we do to pay the bills, right? *rolls eyes* <---- check it out, I think you're rubbing off on me. LOL Btw... nice goofing off at work stuff ;-P Nice lifesaver.

Have an awesome weekend yourself. Check you out ... home blogge. :D

Terry said...

OMG... When will you be in Atlanta... I would totally do coffee with you!!

Nothing like time spent at the airport for a cup o joe...hee hee
Have a blast!!!

Angel said...

Terry... I have two layovers on the way down (on the 18th) is only for an hour but on the way back (the 22nd) I have about 2 hours. If you want to meet and can... let me know! That would rock!

Angel said...

Oh I hope the weather peeps are wrong! I know how that feels! Have a fantastic trip anyway!

Love Bears All Things said...

Sally, pack long pants and a jacket just in case or you'll be going to Walmart.

Angel said...

drama... me too.. me too. Thanks!

Mamabear... I don't know what Sally would pack.. it's me... Angel. ;-P

Anonymous said...

somebody said bikini