Finding the slices of heaven.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Sunshine, where for art thou sunshine?

It seems I need a new pillow. I have been suffering from more frequent headaches stemming from my neck and my mom has pinpointed my pillow. I know we need a new mattress since ours is 11 years old and has been two moves and a whole lot of... um wear and tear. hee hee. But I hadn't thought about my pillow. I love those grandma pillows with feather and down while my hubby likes his Subakowa (sic) pillow. Mine is still fluffy but I'm willing to try a new pillow if it can help.

It might have to wait for me to get all the items on my list before we leave for florida in a little over a week. The temps down there better go up again because this transluscent body will be seeking some rays. (with 50spf sunscreen to keep from becoming a painful lobster.) I have a new bright yellow bikini to wear and I'm ready to escape this freezing, snowy area (and it's April for the love of Pete!) for some fun in the sun! Ohhh I can't wait.

Unfortunately it's too far away from my sister to visit her but we are looking into a vacation for over a week in florida in late July (around hubby's birthday) where we'd visit my sister and her husband for a few days before driving to a beach house a coworker owns. We'll see. I just need a pool, the sound of waves and sun. Yep. I need time away. LOL

7 comments:

lioux said...

I was telling my mom yesterday that this weather is making me angry.


I would totally love to be lying on a beach somewhere...

Anonymous said...

I can tell you from recent experience. Wear the sunscreen! It was a cool easter here too but the sun is out today and hopefully warmer temps are not too far behind.

Working Gal said...

I bet it is your pillow. I am always amazed (every 8 years or so!) when I break down and buy a new one.

BTW - have you heard from Long Island Dad lately? He hasn't posted or commented in quite a while. I'm sure he's probably just busy, but still...

Angel said...

Lioux... the weather sucks butt so the weather at the beach better be awesome.

Finished last... I will wear the sunscreen... I promise. :D I hope the warmth reaches us soon.

Working gal... I will replace my pillow BEFORE the mattress.

No... I haven't heard from him in awhile. I know he said he was busy. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Mike said...

I need to replace my pillow too, but only because mine smells. Like. Death. But every time I try to upgrade, I can't sleep without my stinky pillow. I tried to wash it but the smell is stronger than Tide.


BTW, I emailed LID the other day. He is busy with the walk/race. Just no extra time. Said he misses me but he could live without the rest of you guys.

OK maybe I made that last part up...

Angel said...

I'm replacing mine today. I've had it for about 8 years so I'm due. But I will say it doesn't stink. LOL Okay, it smells like eternity for women and a bit of my scent but not stinky. Get a new one Mike!!

I was going to shoot out an email to him but will refrain since he is so busy. Thanks for the update Mike. Can I say that your comment about him missing you more than anyone else has me thinking strange thoughts about you two. LMAO. j/k.

Love Bears All Things said...

Buy a medium pillow, put your old one on top and use them together until you break the new one in.