Finding the slices of heaven.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bumbling

I am having a bumbling idiot day here. First I wake up late, then I rush rush rush to get ready for an appointment. Peanut gets ready and we are off. I have only a half of a poptart in my tummy and peanut has an hour and a half before having to be at her preschool for her graduation practice / pizza party. She's psyched.

I get to work where my appointment is to be held. I wonder why she isn't there since I was tardy. Looking into my big bag of tricks at my calendar I see that I looked at Friday. *sigh* Bumbles. I don't want to waste my trip so I prep a quote and fax it through for a client and Peanut and I are on our way.

We get home where I have a better breakfast and she draws. I decide to clean up and put the screen in my kitchen window. In doing so I had to move all my plants including a prickly cactus. I cleaned the window while perched on the countertop. Then I put the screen in and put the plants back up. 2 seconds later one of the plants fell spilling dirt everywhere. *sigh* Bumbles.

We then head back the way toward her preschool (which is past my work.) I get her signed in and kiss her goodbye. Holding back my tears of joy and sadness of this being her graduation day. I know folks, she's ONLY in preschool but in my minds eye she was just a tiny baby a few weeks ago and now preschool is over. Slow this crazy ride down!!

Then I came back home and did....

nothing. Bumbles.

3 comments:

Working Gal said...

I can totally relate - Brandelion starts kindergarten in August - I just can't believe it.

Hope the ret of your day picks up!

Terry said...

"while perched on the countertop".....ha ha...I have done quite a bit of perching lately myself.. I need taller friends!! at least during spring cleaning.

Angel said...

I've been through this before, working gal with my son. It's just as hard with #2. Not to mention that my son had a not so good kindergarten year. *sigh* Summer... I'll enjoy it as best I can.

Terry... I bet you know that maneuver