Finding the slices of heaven.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Children's Museum

Today Peanut and I went along with all the other 4-5 year old preschoolers in her school plus their parents on big yellow school buses to the Children's Museum in the North side of town. My daughter thought the school bus ride was "tool" (which is cool in peanut language.) She rode in the seat next to me going down and insisted on holding my hand the whole time. I was looking out the window and watching her expression. But eventually I looked down at her tiny hand in mine and thought how I should just look at it and enjoy her wanting to hold my hand. It will be all to soon that she won't want to any more. *sniffle* So I lived in the moment right then and basqued in the joy of my daughter.

The museum was full of other nursery schools and such and was a bustling place.

We enjoyed Mr. Roger's Neighborhood exhibit, some climbing things and she did some artwork in the studio section. There was a kids climbing thing that we mothers joked looked like a giant aunt farm. Peanut climbed like a champ and didn't get scared.

They had a section that my son would have loved, which was called the garage and in it were inventions: Things like a car with parts and pieces and you could see how a circuit worked. They had a system where you pulled the ball up and tipped it onto a section of a two wire track that led around the whole ceiling (which we tried) They had slides and rope ladders.

After lunch with her friends and their parents we went to the floor that had the water play area. She didn't want to go but I talked her into checking it out. After all I lugged a complete change of clothes she should at LEAST look at it. In the end she LOVED it. I took tons of pictures and some videos that I'll put up later. I'd like hubby to check them out first.

On the way home Peanut sat with a girlfriend of hers and I sat with the little girls mom and I smiled to myself remembering the fleeting moment she held my hand. I'm glad I enjoyed it. The two little ones giggled and talked the whole way home. Some kids fell asleep but not my peanut, she is high energy all day like her mom. LOL

We got back to the school with a future play date discussed between the two girls and climbed into the OSST minivan (which might be gone in the next 2 weeks...dare I hope?) Peanut looked at me and said, "why didn't I get to see the dinosaur bones?"

"Well honey, that's at the science museum. I'll take you there another day."

All in all it was a great day, with great weather.

I got home and hubby was home early and the kids are now outside playing as kids should. I don't work tonight like last night and I'm loving it.

I hope you all are having and enjoying a beautiful day and enjoying the fleeting but wonderful moments found within them.

6 comments:

Lulu (Dan's cat) said...

You humans are so lucky doing all of these cool things. I just sit in the window and watch the Spanish-speaking landscapers cut the damned grass.

Can I get a belly rub over here??

AtHomeDaddy said...

Wow, I feel the same today.

I looked over my shoulder while we were riding the train at the park today. The kids were sitting behind me and THEY were holding hands.

Talk about a fleeting moment.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Happy for you !

Terry said...

Good for you, stopping to smell the roses!! Life is fast..good thing you are paying attention to those treasured moments!!

Ginger said...

Do you ever wish they had fun things like that when we were growing up?

Angel said...

LuLu... you have the same name as one of my little sister's cat. You would have hated the museum and tell your daddy he's a nut.

Mike... awwww that's cute.

Finished last... I did have a great day, thanks! :D

Terry... yes, seize the day. I'm enjoying my kids and STILL they are growing too fast.

Ginger... I remeber vaguely museums and such but I drank a bit too much in college and killed too many brain cells. LOL