Finding the slices of heaven.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Ode to OSST Minivan

So all of my blogging friends know that I have traded my sheek OSST (to those who don't know... it means 'Oh so sexy teal') minivan.

Monday I got the call that I could get my VW (thanks Sally...lol). I had a frustrating time with something that was holding up the handing over of the keys. You see they had to find me a car. There aren't too many salsa red vw beetle convertibles with package one readily available. So the one they found me had Sirius radio (satellite) which I didn't ask for but accepted and planned to pay the difference. Upon prepping the car it was found that the antenae component was not there. Did that mean it would work or didn't have the inner components? They couldn't tell me. They didn't know. The guy who could figure it out wasn't there, corporate wasn't calling back and neither was the dealer they acquired the car from. *sigh* So they weren't ready to hand it over.

In the end they decided to credit me for the non functioning feature and I could pick it up. These pics are of my OSST minivan upon leaving with it. Our farewell journey.

When we bought this old lady she was used, 4 years old and misused. We cared for her and took care of her the best we could. She has left our family due to needing more work than she was valued at. With no heat working, no ac, an oil leak, an over powering odor of gas, it creaked when you turned it and so much more wrong with it we knew she was begging to be put out of her misery. I believe she will be sold for parts. *sniffle*



That's peanut in the OSST minivan on her farewell journey. When we bought her my son was an infant (3 months old) and I had no idea that in 7 months I'd find out I was pregnant again with Peanut. We brought peanut home in this old lady. *sigh* memories.

She served us well and I thank her for hanging on to trade-in day.



This is at the dealership waiting for my new ride. Farewell girl. We will never forget you. *kiss* And I never got to do that whole Tawny Kitaen thing on your hood. Still you rocked, you rocked out loud.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Is that a Freudian slip...calling the new car the van? =)

Mike said...

Parts? Heck no.

You'll be able to visit OSST next time you are in Mexico City. She'll have a third life as a taxi cab down there

Angel said...

Thanks Sally for pointing that out. LOL

Mike, don't tell me that. I was actually sad to walk away from her. Okay, it was fleeting but still I was sad. And thinking that now makes me more sad. Mexico city... sigh.

lioux said...

Awww.