Finding the slices of heaven.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The bosses...

The blogs I read the most discuss humorous takes on office and work items like meetings. I don't miss that but then I think...what is the trade off? Hmmm.



Corporation Mom:

Paperwork? I still have paperwork, it's just colorful pictures of things you have to have described to you so you know what they are. Also, I don't think schools want to save trees. I think they are the leading cause of the rainforest being cut down. The huge amount of paperwork my son brings home is easily worth a tree a week.

Managing a desk? Instead of cleaning a desk I get a whole 3,000 square foot house with two kids under 6 a dog (who seems to have an anal gland problem), an old cat that leaves strategically placed cat vomit and a 4 year old goldfish (aka 'Jason') that screams (I kid you not) to be fed when you enter the office. It's a cyclical thing. I clean a room and move on to the next and when I finally get back to the first room the kids have been there and I must start all over again. *sigh* That and my kids think that every little item can be found by me at any given time, even if they lost it outside. OMG! I must have super powers I haven't tapped into yet.

Meetings? Okay, other than teacher conferences and doctor appointments I have a 6 year old who has a wild and wonderful imagination and a 5 year old who sings all day but has trouble with concepts. I told her the other day we were going to the bank first then the store. She asked me 5 times "First the store?" I finally thought she understood but when I drove past the drive to the store she said "Mommy, you missed the turn to the store." *double sigh*

Time card? Nope. None. Eyes open......to eyes closed. Those are my hours. Luckily I set my schedule (mostly) and answer to no one (except the two kids and hubby.) Thank god for the fringe benefits *ahem*.

Vacation time? Nope....nada....zip....zero. Scary enough, I'm thinking of getting a job to see what vacation time is like again. *shiver*

4 comments:

lioux said...

Ugghh...You guys should ask C-W D what the meetings are like here at Company, Inc.

And I just realized I have two vacation days left this year. I'm soooo going to use them soon.

Angel said...

I'm picturing a room heated like the surface of the sun.... with a man droning on like on "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."

Beuller.....Bueller.....
or is it Lioux Zhur.....Lioux Zhur.....

*snicker* OG....use them man!

Retail Zombie said...

Well...on the bright side.. at Corporation Mom when something annoying happens and you think to yourself "What...did a six year old come up with this idea?" It probably did. At the GC its a guy making 6 figures with the intelligence of a 6 year old.

Angel said...

I understand and see your point. I just wish the pay was better for this job. Sometimes it feels thankless.

I suppose it's better than being thankless and having to deal with mental midgets. I'm sure my son uses some better vocabulary than some workers out there. LOL