Finding the slices of heaven.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Speaking of which...

Speaking of a man's day.

My son’s soccer game was bright and early and the sun was actually out . But the two days straight of rain was evident as the ball stopped dead in 6 inch deep mud puddles as the kids hacked at it with their feet, mud and water flying everywhere. The boys were in mud heaven. (my son was no exception) And to top the mud fun off my son scored a goal…(although not his first it was exciting nonetheless.)

However he learned a huge ‘man’ lesson today: Getting a hard, cold, wet and mud covered soccer ball kicked to the groin hurts like heck. Poor kid was doubled over in pain crying. All the dads on the sideline said “Ewwwww” in unison. I stood along the sidelines wanting to run in and comfort my child. I said out loud, “Do I go out there?” to which a dad said, “no, he’ll be fine…… eventually.” I said, “He’s never been hit there like that before,” to which another dad chimed in, “Unfortunately it won’t be the last time either.”

*shakes head* That is one good thing about not being a man.

No comments: