Finding the slices of heaven.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Crazy neighbor guy Dave.....

I had almost forgotten him. If it hadn't been for a conversation with my mom I wouldn't have thought of that guy at all.

Crazy former neighbor Dave. Ahh, it's nice to have someone like that in your past that you can think of and shake your head Crazy Dave was certifiable. He would talk to himself, argue with himself and discuss great philosophical things like "Why does the grass grow?" and then answer himself as he paced the lawn, "I'll tell you why the grass grows."

I once saw him have a physical altercation with a limb of a tree that got in his way of weekly lawn maintenance. His lawn was horrible looking. His old style lawn mower didn't cut crap. It looked like this:

We would watch him from our back yard as he mowed and the grass (although it was mostly weeds) would stand right back up. We would laugh, but we'd do it quietly because he was crazy and we didn't want him to target us like other neighbors had been.

Ahh I wonder what ever happened to crazy Dave after he sold the house close to my childhood home. *sigh* Check that, I don't want to know. *chuckle*

3 comments:

lioux said...

I just asked Co-Worker Dan if he has any relatives named Dave.

TRAIN WRECK said...

This could be a good icon for the Garden Center.
Didn't realize you were a fellow Sagittarian.

Angel said...

ha ha ha! Relative of Dan? Funny Lioux!

It would be a good icon for the Garden Center.

Yep, Sagittarian. Good or bad.