Finding the slices of heaven.

Monday, October 30, 2006

On the sunny side...


It's Monday morning and the sun is shining. It's deceptive because it's cold outside but I'll take sunshine anytime.

Last night we carved our pumpkins. It was a fun time. My kids were so excited and we used a kit with patterns. My son came up with his own pattern and drew it on his pumpkin himself. Then he used the kit's cutting devices to carve his own pumpkin for the first time.

My daughter began marking her pattern herself and that was great. Hubby carved his but claims to lack artistic ability so he spent some time swearing as he couldn't figure out the pattern after it was transferred. Alas, he did fine. I carved two in the time it took him to do one. LOL. We roasted some of the seeds and munched on them. You have to love traditions. I know my kids do. Now the rain has to hold off tomorrow so they can go around to get their sack'o candy. LOL.

And....no. I didn't carve the pumpkin I show here. I'll post some pictures of our pumpkins another day.

3 comments:

lioux said...

I love the sun too.

Some BFF's and I had a pumpkin carving party a few years back.

I brought a canned pumpkin.

Really.

Angel said...

Were you trying to be silly? Or did you want to make a mashed pumpkin mountain?

lioux said...

Totally serious.

I emptied out the can, and used one of those triangular can openers for his eyes, nose and teeth.

There were about eight or nine of us at the party and once we were done we took them outside and lit them up.

I'll see if I can find the photo of them.