Finding the slices of heaven.

Friday, October 13, 2006

The wild..


The road that leads to my housing plan is a rural road. It used to be a farm road, heck it used to be a trail that George Washington had traveled. But now it's the road I take to get my kids to school and get home.

One of my husband's, and my, favorite things about the road is the wildlife that walk in front of your car on any given day. There is a mom and baby deer that walk behind our house. Across the street they frollic under an apple tree, it's cool. Just today I saw a bunch of ducks. (I know that a grouping of geese is a gaggle, right? What is a grouping of ducks called?....god I hope I didn't open myself up to a bunch of bad jokes..LOL) They were right next to the road and beautiful. I pointed them out to my daughter.



We have groundhogs, opossums (which are ugly and I had to argue with my dad about the spelling once. He didn't believe me that it started with an 'o'. I'm sure someone else will back me up on this fact. *cough* Train Wreck *cough* )

But don't ask me about the turkeys.......*shiver*....don't get me started. (I'll blog on that later.)

4 comments:

lioux said...

OMG! Were all the ducks walking around saying "Afflack"?

That would be so annoying.

Oh and Angel, just to give you a heads up, you've ended a sentence with a preposition.

I'm sure C-W D will have something to say about that. hhhmmmrrpphhh.

Angel said...

Nope... but that would be funny as I drove by.

Thanks for the heads up on the preposition thing. If I've got the correct sentence I simply mistyped the word 'on' that should have been 'once'.

One last thing. Please help a slightly computer illiterate lady. How in the world did you get "Afflack" to be blue and linked. Please direct me to a site that would explain to a novice such blogging techniques. Pretty please with sugar on top!?

lioux said...

I'll see if I can type up some directions.

C-W D asked me to help him out with this too.

Angel said...

*claps hands*

Thanks! You are too good to me. *snicker*