Finding the slices of heaven.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Fame for the unfortunate...

Everyone who is familiar with "The Runaway Bride" story in Atlanta, GA has an opinion. You know the one where she got cold feet, ran and pretended to be kidnapped and sexually assaulted? Ding-dong...there you go. You remember it.

Anyway. I just saw on yahoo news that they (they being she and her now EX fiance...who didn't see THAT coming?) profited from her story. Yep. They sold the story.

But now, they split for good in May and she's suing her now EX-fiance for 250k for her share of a home they purchased with the money they got for selling their story. She's suing also for 250k in punitive damages for abuse of the power of attorney over their finances that she signed.

Can anyone tell me why they were able to make money off the story?

2 comments:

Retail Zombie said...

Because TV is running out of ideas for shows. I just sold the rights for a live action drama revolving around the Garden Center. Its kind of like 24, but instead of bombs and stuff we have top soil and mulch. I think your gonna like it.

Angel said...

I bet it's a dirty show. Just the way I like it. LMAO....