Finding the slices of heaven.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Movies....


I have eclectic taste in movies. But my kids have watched "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory" every day for the past 6 days and it's worn thin with me. It's bad when you know the words to the songs. Ugh!

We also watched "The Chronicals of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe." It was excellent. C.S. Lewis had quite an extraordinary imagination.

Lastly, "Forty Year old Virgin" was just plain funny. Yes it was a chick flick but there was enough guy humor too. I laughed through the whole thing. I like guy humor though.

There are two movies that I absolutely think I lost hours of my life watching and they are, "Napoleon Dynamite" and "Even Cowgirls Get The Blues."

6 comments:

Retail Zombie said...

40 Year old virgin isnt a chick flick... thats just a damn good movie. I'm starvin... let's get some f**kin french toast!

Angel said...

You see.... and I thought it had some "chick flick" themes. You know, like love and a happy ending. I did think it was good for guys with all the sex jokes and just hysterical stuff. I agree. It is a great movie.

More good quotes

[about how he knew the prostitute was really a transvestite]
Andy Stitzer: She had hands as big as Andre the Giant's, and she had an Adam's apple as big as her balls.

Trish: Do you have protection?
Andy Stitzer: No, I don't like guns.

Of course I liked "Old School" too.

lioux said...

There are two films Co-Worker Dan and I have to watch together every year.

1. Clueless
2. Young Frankenstein

and as for 40 YOV..."Some of us haven't seen it yet KB and Angel!"

Angel said...

Get off your tush and rent it bud! Just close your eyes while we laugh at the quotes. LOL

"Clueless"? CW-D watches that with you? Hmmm...interesting.

I don't believe I've ever seen "Young Frankenstien".

lioux said...

OMG!! KB and Angel I finally watched 40 YOV this weekend. I can't believe no one slapped me for not watching this film before.

My review? 3 out of 3 Martinis.

My favorite quote?

Bad Shellfish Sandwich Girl:

"Let me tell you something Andy, don't ever be named Dan. Dan rhymes with man and men jerk off. And he was a jerk off. Do you know what I mean?"

LMAO.

Angel said...

I can see why you liked that one. *snicker*

Well then....my job is done. *grin*