Finding the slices of heaven.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Brrrrrr it's freezing!

My son hates being too cold and this morning is the coldest of too cold. Our mini weather system said it's 19 degrees F right now (without the wind chill which is too cold.)

He's bundled and on the bus as I type. Today is his shopping day at school for his family's Christmas presents. I give him money and an envelope they gave that I marked what he is to spend on each family member. It's called 'The Holiday Gift Shop' program. My son is so excited. Last year he bought his mommy a necklace with his birthstone. He told me that this year he wants to buy me a ring. *grin* I told him, "shhhhhh. Don't tell me. Surprise me."

Yesterday was a lay-about day but toward the end I managed to sew my swag valance for the window in the two story part of my entry way to match the one in front of the powder room. Hubby climbed the tall ladder and installed the swag holders and I climbed to situate the drape. *claps hands!* It turned out wonderfully. I'm so inspired that I might start the valances for the three windows in my Master Bath.

My daughter and I were going to go grocery shopping first thing until I saw the temperature. I've revised our timeline. We'll go during the warmest part of the day (which will still be below freezing. Brrrrr.)

Have a good morning all and keep warm!

2 comments:

Angel said...

Same her! It wasn't above 20 all weekend. The snow on the ground is frozen solid. But today we might reach 29! WOOT!

Angel said...

My daughter yelled, "Mommy! The pool has ice on it! Now I can ice skate!"

Ummmmm. No. No you can't.

And she asked, "Awwww, but why?"

I replied, "Because if you did and didn't die from freezing your butt off I'd spank it into next week."