Finding the slices of heaven.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Self imposed insanity

We went to the game. It was awesome. I've never been to a NHL hockey game before and the seats rocked. Our team kicked a*s and for the most part the kids had fun (if you overlook my son whining every few minutes for everything under the sun.) So today he wasn't feeling well. I knew we got home late and he had a bad headache and footache (they must be growing again *sigh*) so I got my daughter to preschool but he stayed home.

Now he is whining and being a general pain in my a*s and I'm wondering why I decided upon this self imposed insanity?

It's a gorgeous day so after cleaning the kitchen because I just whipped up 4 dozen snickerdoodles for my daughters pagent tomorrow morning and just delivered them I plan to get outside and wash the SUV. That SUV will be turned in to the leasing company before the New Year is rung in. We might as well drive it shiny and clean before unloading it. I will be full of joy because, while I love the car in many ways, I hate the fact that hubby can drive it for 5 days to and from work and it needs filled. Over $120 on gas a month only on his car is obsene. Our next car will be more fuel efficient, definitely.

*sigh* I must go and put "Frosty the Snowman" on for my son or else all my hair might fall out. Thank god I'm sending him back to school tomorrow. Do they have Saturday school? LOL

4 comments:

Sally said...

I've never been to an NHL game, but the minor leagues are pretty fun, too...did you see any fights?? Were you close enough to the glass that you jumped when they ran into it?? =)

Angel said...

There were some fights budding and the kids were facinated. My daughter yelled for the first 10 minutes each time they hit the glass. We were about 10 rows back and it rocked.

I liked how many men were there. Yeah for eye candy. LOL.

It was a good time.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm.

Man Candy.

Angel said...

Yes. It was yummy lioux. My eyes were darting around the arena. Soooo worth dressing up for.