Finding the slices of heaven.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Weekend

I've had a lovely weekend. Hubby's second work party was wonderful. The food was exquisite, the presentation of holiday gifts was comical (who knew lawyers were so funny?) They had a game show set up that everyone partook in. We all chose numbers so that we would not partner up with our spouses.

There were 24 teams of two. Hubby and his partner won their round and then the first semi-final round. Then my team won and should have won the second semi-finals but my buzzer was f'ed up! I pled my case to the room full of lawyers. LOL. Yeah right. Anyway, hubby and his partner won the entire game. And to think that my parnter and I were almost pitted against him and his partner in the finals. How weird would that have been?

I truly enjoyed myself. Two Saturday nights out in a row on someone elses dime has spoiled me. LOL.

Tonight we went out to dinner with my parents, my older sister and her kids, a bunch of my aunts and uncles because it was my grandfather's 90th birthday. Believe it or not it was a surprise party, but we didn't yell surprise....that would have been bad.

Hubby and I picked up and set up our live tree in the living room and my daughter helped me decorate it today. All in all it's been a good weekend.

2 comments:

John said...

Don't tell my daughter about your tree being decorated. She is SOOOO mad at me for not getting a tree this weekend. We are planning to do it next weekend. 13-year-olds can get VERY mad about these things, and it comes on very suddenly.

Congrats on your success at the party game.

Angel said...

Shhhhh. I promise not to tell. ;-)

I am not looking forward to that age, thanks for the warning. My daughter has already learned how to roll her eyes and a few other things I foresee being regular behavior at age 13 (and she's only 5. Yikes!)

Thank you for the congrats. All this while I thought hubby was the trivia king (which he is) but I feel proud to be able to hold my own.