Finding the slices of heaven.

Friday, December 01, 2006

David Caruso's "School of Acting"

After watching CSI Miami yet again I find that now I also watch to see if I can spot things that David Caruso is trying to teach us about acting. He should really start his own acting school. I have learned all of this for free!

Rule #1: Never look directly at the camera. I’ve noticed that he always always looks off to the side, either left or right. He doesn’t even always look at the other actor while he’s speaking. I call this ‘the bad ass effect.” He always looks like a bad ass when he does this. *rolls eyes*

Rule #2: If you want to appear taller, or bigger (since he isn’t an extremely tall man and I’m not very tall myself I appreciate this rule of acting from his school): Have the camera film you from a distance but from almost ground level. You will seem like a giant!

Rule #3: When you want to say something extremely profound or ‘bad ass’ end the statement by putting your sunglasses on and walk off the sight line of the camera. This is so very very bad ass!

Rule #4: (and this is my ultimate favorite, David Caruso does this EVERY episode) If you want to say something with impact, something very powerful and again, bad ass, you MUST repeat the sentence. For example: “You’ll be sorry, Mr. X. You’ll be sorry.” See how bad ass that is?

So those are the first four rules in the David Caruso's School of acting that I have picked up on this season watching his show. Next time you watch the show, have these rules handy and see if you can spot one or all of them within an episode. Heck, you could make this a drinking game if you want. But should you ever want to be bad ass in real life or as an actor, follow these rules and mark my word, you will be, friend. You will be!

2 comments:

lioux said...

HAVE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!!

Angel said...

Thanks!

You have a great weekend too!