Finding the slices of heaven.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Unexpected guests and shopping

Yesterday afternoon I got a call from hubby's cousin. She and her family (hubby and two kids) had been north of us for a funeral on her hubby's side. They had an early early flight this morning at the airport near us but were concerned about driving the hour + drive from where they were for their early flight especially since where they were was snowing. So she asked if they could sleep at our house.

There wasn't a moments hesitation. Despite the fact that my kids had school this morning and I knew they wouldn't go to sleep well I knew it was fine with me. They're nice people, they're family and that's what families do. So I made sure my house was presentable (by cleaning my sewing up) and I had been making some homemade Chicken noodle soup that day. I offered them dinner but they already had plans.

I did have my parents for dinner that night since they had been driving to and back from Ohio to my baby sister's apartment before they move after Christmas and my mom will be working I thought she could use a work-free meal.

So now today, with both kids in school this morning, I'm getting ready to hit Christmas shopping hard. I'm outy like a belly button!

No comments: