Finding the slices of heaven.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Update on my sister's move

Okay, so my little sister and her hubby are moving to Tampa Florida from Akron Ohio. On Christmas day the housing plan they are renting in in Florida was hit by a tornado and a ton of houses were flattened or damaged. Their house was spared, luckily. On the 27th they and my parents loaded up the 28 foot truck and settled on a temporary mattress for the night. First thing the next morning they were going to hitch one of their cars to the moving truck while my sister drove behind it in their other car.

But when they woke my sister had a stomach flu and was throwing up. She had done it on the carpet so they had to clean that up. When she ran to the toilet and finished she flushed it. The toilet then overflowed and they only had two towels to clean it up. They spent the rest of the day getting her better. This morning she felt better so they started her hubby's car but it was stalling out so they hitched his car (which they originally planned to have her drive) and she drove her car. The drove down to West Virginia and stopped to eat. After eating she felt horrible so she asked him if she could nap in the car for a bit before heading off and he said okay.

When they finally got out of the car to stretch before driving once more she heard a loud hissing noise. It was coming from one of the tires of the moving truck. They contacted the rental company who sent a guy who told them there must have been a bolt in the tire which fell into the tire leaving a hole. A few hours later they were on their way again. *sigh*

I am not making any of this up. Seriously. I just hope that is the last hinderance to their trek to their new jobs. I will say a few prayers. *double sigh*

4 comments:

Angel said...

Ok, SOMETHING is telling them not to move there. Seriously, if that were me I would be saying forget it, and head straight back to Akron.. but I believe in fate and signs.

That is just too much crap happening to one couple. SOmething doesn't want them going to Florida. No joke. I hope to God everything turns out ok for them. But I'm serious... I would NOT be moving there after all that.

Anonymous said...

What a terrible couple of days. Here is to hoping that things get better (they really can't get worse)

Sally said...

Why do crazy things seem to happen all at once???

We had a TERRIBLE move this summer from CA to KS. It's funny because I blogged about everything that happened because I KNEW that months and years from then I wouldn't remember it as terrible as it actually was -- which is a GREAT thing!

I remember, during those stressful times before and during the move, questioning whether we really were supposed to move or not. I'm convinced now we were, and maybe it wasn't God telling us not to move, but something darker trying to keep us FROM moving...

The move is behind us now, but I'm STILL trying to get my claim money from the moving company for everything they damaged...and the move was 4 months ago!!

Angel said...

I know....moving sucks though. At least they were given a big check for big ka-ching for this move. It helped with wedding expenses.