Finding the slices of heaven.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Moving update and a tid bit.

Okay, so they are in Georgia area. Yesterday evening, before they got to a hotel for the night the took a wrong turn into a residential area. They couldn't get out and couldn't turn around with the car hitched. So after a few tries they had to remove the car off the back, turn the truck around and then rehitch the car.

I truly wish I was making this up. My mom called a bit ago to tell me they are in Georgia and when they woke this morning everything started out fine and has been going fine. I think they might be pushing to get to Tampa tonight but I won't know until my mom updates me.

*****

Tid bits~

When we moved from our townhouse on the other side of town we had movers. We closed on this house and I kid you not it started to rain and didn't stop for a week. We closed on Nov. 8th of '01. My daugther had just turned one, my son was a little over two. We had no lawn, trees, shrubs or anything (we put it in ourselves in the spring) so everything was mud.

Our closing had been pushed back so we were living for one week out of boxes at the townhouse and had discontinued our garbage so I ran the garbage across town to the new house. I get all the way back to the townhouse and a storm hits with wild winds. I turn back around to get the cans. When I got to the house garbage was everywhere.

Then we finally moved and after a month or two I realized my kids rocking horse was missing. It wasn't with the other stuff I had unpacked. When I called the moving company they treated me like I was lieing. They never found it. It was a gift to my kids from my parents for Christmas. One of the moving men had to have stolen it. It makes me sick. I hate that moving company and if anyone asks me what I think of them I give them what I think.

I filed a police report. Then a year later I got my kids a new rocking horse and sent the bill to the owner of the company who never replied. They suck my ass.

Moving sucks. I might just have to die in this house. (when I'm old that is. LOL)

1 comment:

Sally said...

Tell your sis to document all this...it would make a great novel! Or at least a hilarious blog posting...someday she will laugh about all this...it just might take a while. =)

I hope they find a way to have a happy New Year's! You, too!