Finding the slices of heaven.

Friday, March 02, 2007

*deep breath, exhale* day off

Today I have a day off. That just means I don't go into work. I still need to do some drafting later today and I have a ton of running I'll be doing this morning to two banks, my son's school to sign him up for spanish class and then to a store to get a bunch of stuff.

There is really no 'day off'. Co-worker Andre told me that my 'day off' just sounds like a 'day different'. He's right. LOL. He cracks me up. Why do I appreciate dry and sarcastic senses of humor? I don't know but I do.

Tomorrow is my first 8 hour saturday there and from what I've been told (a hundred times) is that it will be busy busy busy. Am I ready, probably not but I'll take it in stride and know that come 5 pm I'll be going home to an equally busy home and hope that the insanity here has prepared me. LOL. But tonight is family night with perhaps a movie and snacks and there is talk about games tomorrow night. Hubby is passing up playing poker with the boys tomorrow night. I encouraged him to go but he doesn't want to. Apparently he doesn't want to part with the $20.00 He can't say I held him back, I encouraged him. Besides a quiet night alone sounds kind of nice.....shhhhh don't tell him that. hee hee.

So I'm off and running now on my day off! I'll be around later this afternoon when I plant to read and comment on my blogging buddies blogs!!!

Blog ya later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moms don't get days off. I hope your morning is productive.

Terry said...

Bless your heart... An Angels work is never done!!

lioux said...

Have an Awesome Day Different!