Finding the slices of heaven.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

&%$#@- ing Awesome!!

So how do I tell you have $#@ing awesome Tuesday night was? I don't know but I'm sure as heck going to try.

We left with my kids in the highly capable hands of my parents. God love them for babysitting despite having to fly out to Tampa this morning (and yes, I drove them to the airport this morning. My mom in tears when I left her, worrying she'd never see me again. Did I mention that I just learned she is affraid of flying too? That's another topic.)

After we were on our way we went to a great restaurant and got to sit at the bar, which we have never done before. Before we had kids we couldn't afford to go out and so we never did the whole 'Happy Hour' thing but we did last night. We ordered food at the bar and had a few drinks. It was awesome and apparently (according to hubby) a guy there kept checking me out. I thought he was looking at me but every time I looked at him when I had the feeling he looked away. That had me flying high since I carefully picked out my outfit and tried to style my hair nicely. The kids took pictures of us before we left and I didn't think I photographed as well (zip it Train Wreck) as I looked in person. I'll post it here in a bit. It's of the man and I.

Did I mention that yesterday's weather was AMAZING!? I think I did on another post but it was in the 70's!!! In the 70's in March!! After getting in the car I removed the green shrug I had on in the pics and stayed only in the black camisole it was so nice, no coat was needed and I brought out sunglasses. Woo hoo!

I took pics on my cell phone on the way, in the concert and on the way home so I plan to figure out how to download them sometime today and post them tomorrow (since I work tonight.)

After dinner we were on our way. The Penguins had a hockey game last night and we were going that way so we knew the traffic would be bad there and higher in the Oakland section of the city (where the University of Pittsburgh is, which is where the concert was... in an event center there.)

Hubby was all grumbly and upset about traffic. He kept saying we were not going to make it in time for the opening act at 7pm. I had the stereo blasting and was dancing in my seat unable to contain my excitement. I just kept telling him to stop being so negative. I knew it would take a long time but we had the time. Blah blah blah... we got to the upper part of town (Oakland) and got into the concert traffic in less than a half hour. I was happy. But he had grumbled the whole half hour and it got to me and I started to doubt my optimistic viewpoint. Eventually I told him we should get out of the line of traffic and find a different parking place. He wanted to park in the lot right by the Event Center. I told him we could park farther away and walk. It was a gorgeous day, right?

Well we found a garage in minutes and were parked and off like a shot. The only problem is that the Event Center was at the top of a hill (and hills in Pittsburgh take on a whole new meaning of hill.) This hill could be on par with some in San Fransisco. All I know is that I've walked this hill before and knew it was called 'Cardiac Hill'.

There I was in heeled dress boots and we were moving quickly. I ran up half of the hill before realizing that wasn't good. So we walked briskly the rest of the way. I was winded but still going (thank goodness I do the treadmill. You should see this hill!)

We made it and were patted down in the entrance and I was disappointed a woman had to do it. hee hee. I'm bad. But Breaking Benjamin had started (there were two opening acts)

Finally to our seats we realized they were $#%@& awsome seats! We were so close to the stage that we could feel extreme heat from the flames in the pyrotechnics. I could see the band members faces and I danced and danced and danced!! We almost caught a drum stick and later a canon shot t-shirt. The bands sounded great and I had a fantastic time.

When we began our long and steep descent down the hill we realized that it was still so warm that our jackets were still not necessary. The car themometer (once in it) said 73 degrees. Woo hoo! I know it's short lived awesome weather (since they're calling for snow Sat.) but I loved it and enjoyed it thoroughly, like the concert.

Sorry I didn't blog Wednesday but I will do a post on that day later.

3 comments:

lioux said...

*phew*

With no Angel yesterday, i thought you might have run off with Nickleback®™©™.

I'm glad you had such an AWESOME day!

Angel said...

*giggle* Oh if I had the chance I might have for a day or two. I didn't realize how many hotties were in the band. Go figure I liked them for their music. I know. But their guitarist and drummer are some hottie mchotsters to me and I ummmm had a hankering for some hottie. :D

Thanks Lioux, I really did!

Angel said...

YAY! I'm so glad the concert was everything you wanted to be! I knew how excited you were so it's great that it lived up to your expectations!