Finding the slices of heaven.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

A little bit of spoiling

Today we splurged on the kids a bit. Well my son had a gift card for TRU and a duplicate gift to exchange and they both had some money but mommy gets paid soon and decided to chip in a bit of money. I let them pick a few things (more so my son who had gifts to redeem.)

My son exchanged a duplicate Battleship game for a remote control Turantula. Blah. It's creepy and scared the heck out of my dog (I have video which I download tomorrow.) He also got Blendy Pens with a gift card. He did quite well with figuring out how much he was permitted to spend with the money he had. I chipped in some money, along with his piggy bank money, so he could get a Cartoon Network Gameboy game.

My daughter picked out a freakily awesome doll that as a child I would have killed to have. It talks and moves its face (I'll need to take video.) It laughs and waves its arms and it's supposed to sleep against your shoulder. I just got that part to work by holding it and patting its bottom like I did my kids. She bought herself a Barbie Doll and Blendy pens.

Then we went to Barnes and Noble. We let our son pick out a chapters book and picked out two chapter books to teach her how to read. On the way out I found a book I plan to read right up my alley "Sex as a Second Launguage" by Alisa Kwitney. It's not a 'how to' it's about a woman in her 40's, a single mom who's dad left her at age 10 and returns, a former spy. She also meets a handsome icelander. I just read a bit but look forward to reading again. I also have "A Midsummer's Nights Dream" from my editor from Christams to read plus hubby recommends "All is Quiet on the Western Front" since I want to read up on history. Hubby didn't want to pick out a book for himself.

They are happy and my son has read his book 3 times already. The books are a good kind of spoil and passing on the love of reading is a great gift. Barnes and Noble was hoping with people and I realized that inside is a Starbucks. That means in my town we have THREE Starbucks. I think if you triangulate the three you have the vortex of hell or the Cranberry Township triangle (like the Bermuda triangle.) Why three within 3 miles? Holy cow!!

2 comments:

lioux said...

Mmmm.

Coffee.

Mike said...

Only three? Starbucks needs to rethink market saturation, up there.

I think there are five within twwo miles of us. As my dad says, "can't swing a dead cat without hitting one".

Why one would swing a cat, especially a dead one, I'll never know...