Finding the slices of heaven.

Monday, March 26, 2007

"You're doing it wrong Daddy...."

While I'm gone in the evenings for work I have learned that hubby is having a difficult time with my daughter. She's wetting the bed at night again and I keep worrying that it's due to the large change in her life with me gone and only daddy at home.

I found out tonight that the heartbreaking battle that hubby faces each night is this...."You're doing it wrong Daddy. Mommy does it different." From washing her hair, brushing her teeth and tucking her in. I've told her time and time again that Daddy does it his way and mommy does it her way and she should just appreciate that Daddy does so much with them since some kids don't get that. To his credit he has found patience I didn't know he had and has made the house look great tonight before I got home. Thank goodness for that because I busted my butt today and last night he had me up until midnight watching 'Kill Bill Vol. 2'.

Sure he decided he could afford to sleep in this morning and leave for work late but I still had to get up at the same time to get ready for the day and get my son out the door for school. I still worked tonight and found that on my way home tonight I was both mentally and physically exhausted. All around me is sick people with runny noses and coughs. *sigh* darn it.

4 comments:

Mike said...

The bane of a daddy's existence, "That's not how mommy does it."

I hear that one once in a while still. Grrrrrrrr.

lioux said...

I know. It seems everyone has got a touch of something lately.

Angel said...

Mike... yes. It bothers hubby badly. I can see the hurt on his face when he told me about it. I have been talking to my daughter (again) about how he doesn't do it wrong, he just does it different.

Lioux... I'm hoping to avoid it like mad.

Love Bears All Things said...

Sadly children can be manipulative without really intending to. She is finding a subconcious way to show her displeasure that you're not there. Maybe some sort of incentive is in order. I'm sure you've explained why the changes in routine are nescessary. You have a very supportive husband. Don't feel guilty!!