Finding the slices of heaven.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

First Saturday off in forever...

Today I didn't have to work. We went to my son's first soccer game. It was chilly and drizzly but he played great and his team won. They don't keep official score.... *rolls eyes* but the kids keep scores (and so do the parents.)

I think the whole 'feel good we all win' mentality is counter-productve to real life. I mean if you go for a job and they are only hiring ONE person they don't offer both or all applicants the job to make them feel good right? The business world, careers and jobs are all competitive and reality based. If you do better than the other guy you get the promotion or raise and he/she doesn't. Okay... enough on that rant.

My son's team won 5-2 so there people. Last season his team lost the first bunch of games. It was daunting for the boys but they finished off with win after win. This year the team looks great. Only half of the kids are the same. Perhaps next game the sun will be beaming and I'll snap some photos.

After the game my grimy and sweaty son took a shower.... by himself (wow... that rocks!) and we got ready for my nieces birthday party. It was going to be a a bowling alley a few towns over (1/2 hour drive.) We got there and had a great time. My best game I bowled a 144. Awesome. I laughed because if you combined all three of my games I ALMOST bowled a perfect 300 game.

On the way out of the parking lot we had a minor fender bender and hubby dinged Wolfee. He was sick and angry at himself. I shooed him from the driver's seat and drove home allowing him to cool down. I drove directly to an autobody shop that unfortunately was closed. Now the damage is minor scrapes and scratches but we don't want to waste time and have rust form so we are going to call (meaning I'm going to call LOL) Monday. I handle all the car repair issues and things. With the worst part of our day over with we got home where the kids played while I picked up the enormous mess that was my house and vacuum both floors. The house looked (past tense) awesome. Then I told the kids to get their shoes on. We went outside and hung the Easter eggs. Nothing over the top (I have a picture that I'll post later.)

My perenials are open and beautiful.

The kids played ball and then we got inside for dinner, baths and now bed. I am tired and sore. Dancing last night and in bed at 4 am...( I got home at 2 am and had a boo boo belly) then bowling today.

On a plus side I have lost another pound and a half and not the 'starving' way. I've been eating but busy and doing some crunches to target the problem area.

1 comment:

Angel said...

What a day! Are you ever not busy? Do you ever get to chill out?

Sorry about Wolfee, I would be just as upset as hubby.

CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS! WOOT!