Finding the slices of heaven.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Lucky shammy baby!


We got about 4 inches of snow yesterday and hubby shoveled it. This morning there was another 3-4 inches. Hubby woke up at 7 am on his day off to shovel so me and 'Wolfee' (our new Jetta) could get out. Of course I can get through 3-4 inches but the end of the driveway usually has about 12" from the plow clearing the roads.


THEN hubby came inside to make me an omlette with cheese and bacon on the side with toast and French Vanilla coffee (because we aren't REAL coffee drinkers.) I was 5 minutes late to work due to that. I appreciate it all the same but after killing himself outside shoveling he didn't need to worry about me and breakfast (it was soooo sweet though. Perhaps I need to repay him somehow. Hee hee.)


I get to work (slighly late) but the center doesn't open until 10 and I was there at 9:07 am to prep as required. The roads were all snow covered but the highways were pretty good.


I get signed into a computer and my day is off. I had a day that I didn't want to come down from because I was on such a high. There is no reason why at first, I was just very happy. At work I kid around ALLLLL the time. A smile is almost always on my face. I can't explain it, there just is one. Perhaps it's because I really don't HAVE to work, we are having me work to pay down debt and do other things with. Perhaps I just enjoy because I don't feel I HAVE to do it. Or maybe it's because after being cooped up in the house with two beautiful children that conversations with adults delights me. I have found that I can joke and flirt and talk about adult things. This job is like a break for me (a paid break at that! I know!!)


So then I'm organizing my drawer because it seemed like it needed to be organized since I've been there almost a whole month and hadn't done so thus far. What should I find? The signed contract from the ellusive client and the retainer check. WOO HOO!!


That sent me flying high. I was so excited! Then a guy came in who I had helped briefly a previous day looking for fabrics. I helped him without pointing out I charge $50 an hour. I was just in a good mood. But then, after finding a few samples to take home to show his wife I told him if he needed any more help to let me know, that I'm an Interior Designer. He lit up and said, "Really? Oh we need your help." He seemed geniunely happy to learn that. He asked what I charged and do I go to peoples homes. Of course I do. So he took a business card with a promise to call. DING DING DING... and we're off.


My manager calls me to tell me about a commercial client who wanted to meet with me. DING DING DING. Possible client #2.


Then a new person called, a member, looking to redesign his office (he's a doctor.) DING DING DING!! WE HAVE A HAT TRICK! (if you like sports you'll get that. hee hee.)


I contacted another client who needs to sign his contract and helped members with orders and blah blah blah. I got up a ton of times to assist people (including a woman who works with me who started after me. She's supposed to be well versed in blinds but for some reason she asked me to help her with blinds. Yeah... I know. The jury is still out on that experience, I think.)


About an hour before quiting time one of the owners came up and quietly said, with a smile, that a member paid me a compliment that I had helped him by not just pointing to where to find the binder but I got up and walked right to it and gave the binder to him and that that was service. The owner was pleased, I was pleased, the owner's wife was there and seemed pleased and said good job! I was now so very very happy.


All my calls were answered, all my problems were solved. I wish EVERY day was like this one. I know they all can't be but I am grateful for this (and for the retainer check! *dancing the irish jig*)


So I'm like a freakin' little happy leprauchan dancing around my pot 'o gold. And NO you can't have it. hee hee.


Happy St. Patricks Day my peeps!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day. Happy for you Angel!

Angel said...

Finished last... Thanks! I was a happy chicky. (coworker Jess calls me chicky or chica. LOL reminds me of my old bf in college who called me cheetah.)

lioux said...

Awesome!

Angel said...

Totally, Lioux.. totally.