Finding the slices of heaven.

Monday, March 26, 2007

In need of repairing....

I'm glad I had a nice weekend because it helped balance out the frustration from hearing from one of my clients (the big one) that she and her husband had sold their home up here and need to be out in 30 days. Because of that she decided to finish the project in Florida with another Design's R Us store and she wanted me to make her a packet and to cancel her contract.

GRrrrrrr.... this project was soooo close to being completed. She seemed to think the retainer she paid would cover the work completed. I had to send her an email today stating that #1 According to the contract they signed they have to cancel the contract in writing, #2 they need to pay the remainder balance for time spent on the project (which is an additional 12 hours) and that the packet wouldn't be given to her until the payment was recieved. I emailed it, a copy of the timesheet showing what I spent time on and for what. I also need to forward to her a copy of her contract.

Hubby said that if she refuses to pay he'll put an artists lien on her house prohibiting the sale from going through. It's times like these that I dislike people. Did she honestly think that in over a month and all the stuff I showed her that I only spent 25 hours on the project? I spent 37 actually. And what else I hate is not finishing a project.

And wednesday I am to meet the orthodontist who STILL hasn't signed his contract and doesn't seem to grasp (despite his advanced degree) that I can't have meetings while I'm on the clock at Designs R Us. I will not show a stitch of anything without a signed contract and retainer fee paid. Even with it people can be jerks so why would I work without it?

Thank goodness for the good weekend because it helped repair me. LOL

1 comment:

lioux said...

It's a good thing that you have a contract.

And yes, people can be real jearkfaces sometimes.