Finding the slices of heaven.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Snackzert

In my house we have an odd language sometimes.

On the way home from my parent's house tonight was no exception. When we have lunch close to breakfast it's called brunch (not a stretch, that's just what it's called.) My son likes to call a meal that is a combination of lunch and dinner... Linner.

After dinner my kids get a dessert and before bed they get a snack. It's a ritual in our house. Now my kids ate tons of junk at my parent's house but still my son claimed he hadn't had desset. It was too late, bath and bed time loomed. So my kids both said, "We'll have a snackzert then." That's what we call a dessert/snack.

Yeah... we're goofy. Well they are, I'm just here for the show. LOL (if hubby said that I up with 'snackzert', don't believe him. hee hee)

6 comments:

lioux said...

OMG!!!

I use the word Linner all the time!

Or Lupper.

And if I'm eating all day, I call it Brinner.

Angel said...

My son is a Brinner supporter. All he did this weekend is partake in Brinner.

hee hee.

Anonymous said...

My dad was the king of the made up word so it is a custom we still follow in our house.

Augs Casa said...

Ok first of all, I say Linner also. But if you really want to know about the words I make up, See the post DraMa wrote. I mean cmon who doesn;t like Monsterella cheese. ha ha ha

Angel said...

Finished last... excellent! Any really fun ones you want to share?

Augs... I read that post and saw all of them. I'd need a secret decoder ring if I visited you guys so I would know what end was up. LOL. Did you ease DraMa into the lingo or thrust it all at her at once like an Augs dictionary? hee hee.

Mike said...

snackzert?

Now I am jelly belly for sure!