Finding the slices of heaven.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Saturday hodge podge....

I had a pretty good day at work and while it was 8 hours it didn't feel like it. Sure the end of the day was hectic but I think being a mom has prepared me and I was relaxed there. I've been told about 2 dozen times that I'm blowing them away with how well I'm doing which surprises me because it seems relatively simple.

Next week I meet with one of my design clients and will have my first contract signed for big money. I can't tell you how excited I am and I hope the discussion of money goes over well. *biting nails* It's a huge amount but we are doing a ton of stuff.

We took my kids to TRU's today for my son's gift card that was burning a hole in his pocket and then a new Old Navy opened in my town. A Children's Place is fabled to be opening soon and all I need is a Victoria's secret and I'll never need to treck the 45 minutes to the nearest mall. That would totally rock.

Hubby had dinner made for me when I got home and I think a few drinks might be in order for me tonight. Woo hoo for a day off tomorrow (and drafting....lol)

I hope all my fav blogging buds are having a fan-tab-ulicious weekend!

6 comments:

LID said...

Whoo Hoo for "days off!" ENJOY! You deserve it!

BTW, I didn't comment on the "video" but it's great!!!! *crossed fingers*

Mike said...

Day off. Big yeeeeee haw from Texas for that!

Terry said...

You seem very qualified, so no wonder you are blowing them away!! Good luck on the Big Money Contract!! And enjoy your day off..

Angel said...

LID... thanks bud! I had a good evening here after work. I got some wicked new shades and a totally cute hat (along with tons of clothes for the kids.) It will be a nice family day tomorrow. Aren't they great?

Mike....Thanks. Big yeeeee haws are cool! Love it.

Terry... They are great on positive reinforcement and that's pretty cool. In the end the big money is in freelance. As long as they are singing my praises my bank account will reflect that.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day. Here's to big money clients!

Angel said...

Thanks FL... Tomorrow (wed) I'll see what happens.