Finding the slices of heaven.

Friday, March 23, 2007

When it rains it pours

Every week provides new and different challenges. This week it was my lap top (I hope I can still say was as in past-tense. *fingers crossed*)

Wednesday I contacted Dell and got a nice guy named Justin who helped me. My internet explorer wasn't working right but more frighteningly my mcafee wasn't functioning right. Justin handled the issue in one hour and I was on my way. I hung up and then.... the internet began freezing again. *sigh*

Thursday around noon I called Dell again, though a different number. I got Suman. He got on to try and fix the problem and had problems with my problem. 3 hours later I believe I briefly had the internet again. A short lived victory. It seems my mcafee wouldn't open up so Suman decided he needed to reload the mcafee and told me it would only take a few minutes. I told him that Justin yesterday took an hour and installed an upgraded version. I don't know much about computers but it seems to me that taking a step back isn't a good thing. Well it wasn't. Another hour later he had completely undid the upgraded mcafee, I had no internet connection, he removed mcafee and nothing was functioning on my notebook. NOTHING. I had to get to work so I hung up with Suman in tears. I almost broke down into a sniveling mess for the complete loss of my day for 4 hours of nothing. But I had to get to work .... *sigh*

This morning I called the first number from Wednesday and got Wess. He helped me restore my computer to when Justin helped me. I have internet access (right now at least) but my new mcafee isn't working right. grrrrr. I'm now waiting, hoping and praying that the downloading of updates to mcafee will right the problems.

Did I mention that it's raining? Yeah, it is. But it's warm and I didn't need a coat so I'm still a happy girl for that. And for talking to Wess at Dell. I will X out the other number I called on my LOST Thursday.

I need to catch up on my bloggy buds..... Happy Friday all! I hope you are all doing well!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stupid machines. here's to hoping you get back online at full strength and speed

lioux said...

Totally.

I hate computer problems.

Angel said...

Well.. in a half hour Wess in the US was able to undo the damage. Woo hoo to wess... *claps hands* And he was sweet enough to say that I did all the work... yeah yeah. I'm just happy to be up and running.

Thanks Finished last for the well wishes and I'm glad you agree Lioux!

Angel said...

Ah yes, computer customer service.... fun times.

I hope you get your pc all fixed up.

Working Gal said...

Good luck with the computer. I've been reading the past couple of weeks - just not commenting. My home computer was down, and we finally got it fixed (had to buy a new cable modem) - so, I guess I'm back.

Love Bears All Things said...

Sorry, I'm catching up. I updated Microsoft Works on my gateway to #8. Now it doesn't work. It says that I haven't registered it but when I try to do that, it asks for a disk which of course I don't have. When I give it my product key, it says that is invalid. So I am stuck. I haven't called anyone about the problem. I can use everything but the calendar. I just get tired of the little box popping up saying there's a problem with #8.
I hope your problems are short term.