Finding the slices of heaven.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Swedish fish craving


Have you ever had swedish fish? Mmmmm I have. I remember when I played softball back in the day that you could buy them for a penny a piece at the concession stand. We even still have a penny candy store and there they have them for a penny a piece still. But my mom buys them at Costco in bulk, by the box. When I visit I eat a pond full of them.


I just gathered the garbage in my house and found one in the garbage and realized that I should have just bought a box today when I was at Costco. I realized that I really really have a powerful swedish fish craving. Mmmmmm swedish fish. *drool*

11 comments:

lioux said...

Sister Kisser®™©™ brings these on the road with them as part of our van snacks.

Angel said...

I never knew what they were until very recently. However, once I had them they did seem familiar. Just never knew the name.
Now you have me wanting some!!

LID said...

I hate the way they get stuck in my teeth!

Mike said...

Never heard of them, but if you crave them out of the trash, then they must be good.

Terry said...

I have seen these in Truck Stops in the North, not a Southern thing!! I guess I should try them!!

Angel said...

Lioux... I would so be a fixture in Sister kissers tour fan then. lol

Drama... I was so excited that I found some in a baggy (yeah, doesn't that sound like drugs? LOL) in a candy dish that the kids must have bogarted from my moms. They were in my tummy shortly after finding them.

Long Island dad... yeah but that just means you get to enjoy them later. Although given your recent Dorito debacle I think you should steer clear.

Mike... I certainly did NOT eat them out of the garbage. Blah... I have cravings but I'm not crazy. LOL

Terry... they are like cherry flavored crack. At least to me, although I've never had crack and think any drug named after an arse seems disgusting.

Terry said...

I got some maintenance man crack earlier today.... My eyes, my eyes!!! Oh, the horrors!!

Angel said...

OMG... that is too funny. I totally LOL'd at that!

Ginger said...

Are they like gummy bears or worms? I once got hooked on jelly bellies and bought them at Sam's.

yerdoingitwrong said...

I LOVE them!!! mmmmmmm.

Angel said...

Ginger... They aren't as firm as gummy worms/bears. They are a bit more chewy and very very sweet. And very very addictive (at least to me.. LOL.

yerdoingitwrong... that makes two of us! hee hee.