Finding the slices of heaven.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Great day and Daddy.....

Today has been a great day for my son. He is so happy with a goodie bag from school, handing out cupcakes like a big man on campus and going out to dinner tonight (wait, it isn't MY birthday, this is awesome!)

This morning hubby (aka daddy) couldn't see his son off on his b-day because he leaves so early each day. But my son pointed to a piece of paper on the loveseat, where my son sits each and every morning. It read, "Happy Birthday! Have a great day at school! I love you! Love Daddy!"

(I tried to scan it in but it didn't show up)

So on the phone today I told hubby about the posts and comments on my blog and he asked, "Did you mention about the note I left for him?" Awwwww he wants me to mention it. Here I am, mentioning it honey!

He has already gotten a phone call from Red Grandma and PapPap singing to him and tonight will be filled with viewing just under a dozen ecards from aunts and uncles (hubby has 7 siblings and I have 2 so.....) and phone calls. He told Red Grandma "I've had a GREAT day." Mommy is glad honey.

5 comments:

LID said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW! That's is Great! And Hubs... What A Guy!

Terry said...

Way to Go Daddy!! Awesome Day indeed!!

Angel said...

long island dad..... we even took him to Red Robin for dinner and they sang to him and gave him a sundae. Okay only a 7 year old would love that in 17 degree weather. And did I mention that my van's heater doesn't work? Well... it doesn't. brrrrrrr my feet are still freezing!

Terry... yep! Way to go!

Terry said...

What are you insane?? 17 degrees with no heater.. Hey, I love the cold, but I got to have my heat in between exposures.....And ice cream to top it off. He must be in heaven, to not fuss about the cold.

Angel said...

I guess it was actually 14 degrees. We were 4 minutes from home. Usually the van is in the garage and not too cold. My heater used to work for a spell but I guess it's dead now. Brrrrr. That's partially why I got the job. By May I hope to get my beetle convertible. I will I will!