Finding the slices of heaven.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Work recap

Last night I met with my first design client. She and her husband are in the process of building a home in Florida. They want me to help her select paint colors for all the rooms in an old world style including faux finished walls in the great room. I am going to be selecting oriental carpets, lamps, wall decor and all the furniture. This could be a 20 hour job and at what I charge a big big paycheck for me.

She even mentioned wanting to fly me down to the home. Wow.

A second design client popped up last night. An orthodontist looking to renovate his offices.

My work is so excited to have a Designer to refer them to. One of the owners talked with me last night, asking about my education and experience. He seems a really nice guy. He told me that I will do really well there with the design side because they always have people asking for one and said that it's a bonus for them to have me around. *smile* I thanked him for the amazing flexibility he is offering me with regard to my hours and family.

I'm somewhat more tired than usual because I don't wind down from my night until around 10:30 pm. I have a ton of drawings and estimating to do and some research for the orthodontist tonight.

Hubby is excited about the job and money I could make. It will go a long way to pay down our debt and allow me to get a reliable vehicle. The OSST minivan might be replaced in a few months by a hot hot hot beetle convertible (or as my editor calls them 'pervertibles'. Silly man.)

Later today I plan to post some drawings I've done for clients at my past job. I even have an after shot the client took and I'll explain them once I post them. For now I'm off to shop for the goodie bags for my son's party. I would have done it earlier but for waiting for the mulah. lol. I'm off to a party store and Costco....ohhhhh my favorite store. :)

Blog ya later today!!

4 comments:

LID said...

Good for you Angel! Sounds Great! Can't wait for the pic's post!

lioux said...

Your job sounds Awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am stoked for you Angel

Angel said...

Oh you are going to go places girl!!!! That's awesome! I'm excited just by reading this recap!