Finding the slices of heaven.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Hodge- podge post

So tonight hubby broke the bad news to me, that tomorrow my son's school is closed since it's so cold. Now for the fact that he won't be exposed to potentially dangerous temperatures I am glad but for other reasons I am distressed. ** I didn't tell my son he doesn't have school or he'd never fall asleep due to excitement. LOL**

Today was mayhem in a way. I am feeling a tad under the weather and my son had a messy episode in the bathroom that I'd really rather not share. Add to that my son and daughter going at each other this morning like cats and dogs, he made a horrific mess in the family room, he put a gash in the hardwood floor in the foyer and then tonight he knocked something off a wall.

So with his small family party this Saturday for his birthday I am wondering just how well I will get this house in order by Saturday. He has chosen Hot Wheel cars to be the theme and I will be making his cake.

********

I phoned the place that offered me the job and asked the remainder of my questions. They seem like they will be amazingly flexible with me and are bending over backwards because they need a designer badly. I need to get more business cards for the freelance end of things, which she has told me she already has a few people asking for. So in the end I took the job today and will start the evening of the 19th. Three nights a week for 3-4 hours and saturdays for 8 hours. Plus the training on Tuesdays from time to time that I can take my daughter to AND get paid. I hope it's what it seems to be because we could use the extra money to get out of a potentially bad place. Thank you all for your inspiring words, congratulations and support. You have no idea how much I've appreciated it.

********

More about my younger sister and her move to Florida. Remember way back about the insanity that was their move? Well, they are down there and she had a job that she started on the 8th of January and quit a week later. Apparently an hour commute and long hours was too much for her. She has no kids so I fail to understand but my new job is a 10 minute commute so I'm not saying a word. Before moving down there over Christmas the housing community they are renting in was hit by tornadoes but the house they are renting was spared. Well..... the recent tornadoes hit a county over and my sister and her hubby said they swear they heard it move over head but not touch down. Sheesh. Talk about crazy.

8 comments:

LID said...

Sorry 'bout the mayhem today! It'll be fine by Sat... you're a wizard at cleaning!

Great news about the job, congrats, Angel -- Good Luck!

Oh that LUCKY sister of your's. As you know my parents are near there too. Very close... never get me to move there.

Yeah, that dryer thing was scary huh? Who knew!

Angel said...

Long island dad... thanks for the vote of confidence, I need that now. LOL.

I'm cautiously optomistic. I've had a few jobs that promised things so I hope these live up to the hype.

I presume that your parents were missed. For that I'm glad.

It was scary. I did it last night. Some water ran through but not a ton. Thanks LID, I'll pass the dryer word!!

lioux said...

OMG!!!

I was totally thinking of you Lil' Sis when that story broke. Very strange.

And totally congrats on the new job. Co-Worker Dan likes to listen to his gut, and he's got a HUGE gut to listen to!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like quite the day. (Thanks for sparing us the details on that one incident) Congrats on the job and I know yo will make the party a roaring success.

Angel said...

Lioux...OMG... you thought of MY little sister? Awww you are too sweet, Lioux. They're fine, untouched but rattled. LOL

thanks for the congrats. I feel it will be a good thing. The freelance design work could mean big money. LOL.

Finished last... Yes, it was an exhausting day and I can't even begin to explain the mess they can make in the toy room. As for the incident, you are more than welcome. All I can say is I had JUST PAINTED that powder room and he required a bath. He claims his toys fell in the toilet and I believe him.

There will only be a few of us with all our family moving away. But we're trying to get our son the new bike he needs since his knees hit the handle bars on the old one. It seems a crapy gift since it's -8 degrees out and he can't use it but he needs it.

Mike said...

Congrat for real on the job!

Angel said...

That is mayhem, for sure! I hope everyone is feeling better. Spring will come soon and all our kids can release their energy on the backyards and parks instead of our floors and walls! LOL!

I can't believe the kind of stuff your sis has gone thru. That is just nuts!

Terry said...

Yippee on the JOB.. I do hope it turns out to be everything you are expecting...

I hope your Sis does not experience any more set backs, but just wondering???? hmmmmm Do they know about the really HUGE tornadoes that come in from the water usually between April and November..(I wont say it out loud) I cant imagine moving to Florida....