Finding the slices of heaven.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

A little bit of this, a little bit of that....

Okay.... this is getting crazy. My son's school has another 2 hour delay tomorrow WHICH MEANS!! my daughter's preschool is closed AGAIN! NOOO school for her this week, no Valentine party and a fully months paid of tuition (but only 1 day of school in 2 weeks. ugh.)

Her box and goodie bags are ready and she cried. She wanted to go, I WANT her to have her party. Heck, mommy had plans for a morning at Starbucks with a mocha latte and her new story to have some MUCH NEEDED regrouping of my adult brain. A treat before my first day of work (Monday the 19th in the evening.) But alas, that shall not happen for her or for me. Perhaps next week I will be able to write like a wanna-be beatnik.

And my plans to post pictures today was derailed because hubby doesn't want the pics of him and peanut from the Valentine on the blog. He thinks blogging is stupid, really and can't understand why I do it. So...*sigh* I shall have to find other pictures. *** update... I was wrong in saying he thinks blogging is stupid. He just corrected me. He said it wasn't for him. Sorry to mislead you...***

Monday is Presidents day meaning..... of COURSE! No school.

Now don't get the wrong idea. I love my kids. I do. Very much. They are amazing little people who I adore with all my heart. But I prefer not to be held captive in my home for 2 weeks straight with two kids with cabin fever and bags of Valentine candy. I can think of a bunch of things I'd rather do. Like, I don't know, remove a splinter or have a tooth filled. LOL.

I'd much rather have them outside sledding, or biking. But the foot of snow is topped with a layer of ice making it a bit dangerous to fly through on an airfilled tube.

So there you have it, my two weeks in a nutshell. Did I say nut? Does that mean I'm losing it? Did that looney laugh come from me? hee hee.

4 comments:

lioux said...

WHOO HOOO!!!

Three Day Weekend!

Angel said...

Not so much for me but yeah for him...LOL

Anonymous said...

Taking an extra day off only means getting further behind. Sounds like you need so "me"time and quick.

Angel said...

I need 'me' time before I lose it. And it seems that getting to go to work tomorrow night will be the answer. *rolls eyes*. Still I want to go to Starbucks and feel adult while I write. LOL