Finding the slices of heaven.

Monday, February 26, 2007

A horrible horrible nightmare

Last night I had a hard time falling asleep. Earlier that night I had been looking up rental condos for our trip down to Destin Florida and we discussed the trip, hubby and I, as he called his parents. I finally found a way to make sure his parents have accomodations (because they are incapable of doing it themselves, I swear they are inept children) without having to stay in the same condo or house with them. *wipes brow* (Hubby's parents are a long and horrific story and if I start I can't stop and I get more and more upset as I go so I won't go there with you folks, just rest assured that if I had stayed with them a week hubby and I would have both been bald, shaking our heads in disgust and frustration and wanting to commit homicide. But that would only mean we'd be at each other's throats more than usual, not good.)

Since I am the travel agent in the house, among other things, I've been researching places for 6 months and then his brother and girlfriend were going to stay with us and then they weren't. And then his best friend was going to stay with us, and then he wasn't. And then his parents and youngest sister was going to stay with us and then they weren't. Now the best friend is back in and the parents wanted back in and Angel put her hand up and said 'STOP!' That's it. I am telling all you bone-heads what is what and the best friend is staying with us and the in-laws in another condo down the way. *wipe hands together.* Sanity and saving money combined caused me to stop the insanity.

So onto the sleeping nightmare (not to be confused with my living one. LOL) I woke up around 3 am and fell back asleep. This dream woke me at 3:20 am.

Hubby, my two beautiful kids, myself and my mom and dad were on a plane flying somewhere. We had been up for a bit and the plane dipped here and there hitting air pockets I guess, you know the feeling. Well one of the dips turned into a nose dive, the longest nose dive ever, like slow motion. I was hysterical. I'm terrifed to fly as it is and since 9/11 even more so. I can't get the children out of my heads. I tell my husband that my kids only go because I book their flight and if something happened....

Anyway, I could see the back of my son's head and thought 'I need to get to him' and my mom and I went to him. My dad must have been with hubby. The next thing I know my mom and I are on the ground and I am thinking "How did I get out of the plane and how can I get back in and out with my family?" I'm paniced. I'm about to figure it out as I see the plane crash right in front of me. It was vivid in color, sound and carnage. I am hysterical (even as I type this I am in tears.) I remember seeing some faces and thinking "please god, just let me get my kids and husband out. Please god let them be alive and okay" even though there was blood and other gory things around. I woke up at that point.

I was in tears and couldn't breath. I am still carrying the emotions from it and can't shake it. I woke hubby up with my sobbing. He said, "It was just a dream, go back to sleep." I tried. I laid there trying to will myself to change the dream and finally fell asleep but no more dreaming.

I just read a dream interpretor thing that says that a plane crash is related to our careers and the feeling of helplessness in the face of trying to get one on track. Sure, right. My budding renewal of my career causes such a horrific dream.... My belly hurts from internalizing it so much and I have to work tonight. I hope I don't have another dream like that because it sucked big time!

10 comments:

LID said...

Dreams are just our brain's way of self cleasing. Don't let it freak you too much! Anytime you have radical change you'll suppress some emotions. But, the brain knows all. Once you settle into your "routine" you'll be great! Hub's is right... it's just a dream!

Angel said...

UGH! That is scary. I hate dreams like that and I know the feeling you are dealing with right now. It stays with you all day.

I would take LID's words and listen... he sounds like he knows what he's talking about and it's a great explaination!

TRAIN WRECK said...

Sounds like you could use a Cosmo.
Use cheap ass vodka, it burns your insides better.

Anonymous said...

No such thing as just a dream! I think they are meaningful, especially when they invoke deep emotion.
The dream I posted most recently ended up resolving a six year rift with someone in my family.

Mike said...

Bad dreams. Yuck.

I'll post up in a few minutes about a recurring dream I had for about a year.

Anonymous said...

Very Scary, Hope you sleep more peacefully from now on.

Angel said...

LID… I know you’re right. I hate the kind that involve bad things and my kids that stick with me all day.

Drama… it did stay with me. Wait until you read my post later today. Lol

TW…. I could. I’ve never had one but I could. But vodka tears me up regardless of shelf standing.

Sarah… I wondered the significance of my mom being the only one with me when I got off the plane. I think if the dream is about my career I think I fear letting my family down but I must realize that I could never really let my mom down. Hmmmm. I wonder. I’m glad your dream healed that rift.

Mike… yes, yuck. Double yuck. That covers it. LOL. I’ll check your blog for it!

Finished last… Last night was dream free so I slept soundly and woke feeling more peaceful.

Terry said...

Yuck, I hate those type of dreams.. I have had some recurring ones that left me with that feeling of helplessness... Hope it does not have any further effects on you..

BTW, I had to giggle when I read about the ILs. Another coincidence?? My mother and step father also require assistance with the most trivial things.. Aghhhhhh!!

Angel said...

Terry... you have no idea how bad my IL's are. They just were kicked out of their home (foreclosed) we had to help them buy a new car and when we thought we couldn't go together on the rental they told hubby's sibbling they would be sleeping in a tent on the beach. I decided to swoop in (since I'm always the good daughter ... or daughter-in-law, like it or not...) and bite the bullet and help them be able to go to their 4th of 8 children's wedding. I don't have to wait for their check and HOPE it clears AND I don't have to stay with them!!! Serenity now!!!

Ginger said...

We have gone to Destin/FWB many times. It is my favorite beach spot. You seem like you have everything under control but be and sure and check out reviews at tripadvisor. I have some good recomendations for eating out, too. Let me know.